Bargain Thread 2017

Bundle is worth it for VoidExpanse alone.

Survival/deck builder Frost is on sale for $4.50 until tomorrow morning over at chrono.gg

Gamestop is running a sale where you can get 4 games that are $4.99 each for $10. They have a reasonable number of good games for Wii, 360, PS3 and 3DS/DS at that price if you’re looking to fill out a collection.

wow, some good stuff in there. will pick this up.

Ha! I saw that bundle advertised in my email and thought it looked like a decent bundle. Was just about to post here asking what you thought of Void Expanse. No need to post anymore…oops.

Update: you’ve become a brand, sir.

Yay!!!

Had a bunch of Bing Rewards/Microsoft Rewards points built up because I hadn’t redeemed them in a while. Discovered that, through 7/28, you can get a $5 Xbox Store credit for 3,500 points. It’s usually 4,650 or 5,000, depending on how much you use Bing. FYI for Rewards users.

(Background for the “WTF are Microsoft Rewards?” crowd…)

This was the program that finally got me to switch to Bing as my default search engine. Generally I actually prefer the Bing results as the people trying to manipulate searches focus their time on Google. :)

Anyway, for zero actual effort except using my computer and phone, I’ve gotten about $200 in Amazon (which they no longer offer) and Xbox Store credits since I joined in late 2010. All you have to do is use Bing and make sure you’ve joined Reward and signed in. And for that, I basically get about $5 in Xbox Store credit every 2-2.5 months just for doing searches I’d do anyway at home and work. You can get more if you have the time to take their quizzed and stuff, but I don’t bother.

(Disclaimer: Yeah, I work there, but I got no investment in Bing besides the general wanting my own company to do well. Just sharing the cheaper-than-usual point redemption.)

There are pretty frequent deals where you can get $5 credit for 3500 points instead of the 4650 or whatever it normally is. I just save up all my points for when the 3500 deals come along. Just got $15 yesterday!

Keep in mind that the promotional credit from rewards expires after a few months though so use it before then. The account.microsoft.com site will list any upcoming expirations right under where it shows your balance.

Game Studio 2 , free today on Android…

Star Deal #4 for the week at BundleStars is HyperDimension Neptunia Rebirth 3 for only $4.49 (85% off).

Humble Store is having a Total War Weekend with up to 75% off all Total War titles.

• Total War : Warhammer is $20.39 (it’s not the $12 from the Monthly a while back, but that’s still a good price)
  • All TW:Warhammer DLC is 33% off
  • Total War : Attila is $11.24 and all DLC for it is 75% off
  • Total War : Rome 2 Emperor Edition is $14.98 and all DLC for it is 75% off

Thanks, I love these things! :)

Watchdogs 2 for $9.90 , I show 2 of these left in stock, a friend confirmed his code that he registered today worked fine, said he ordered on Monday so 3-4 days shipping time. I also ordered one. Looks like they were promo codes that came with Samsung hardware and must be registered by 7/31/17. Physically being mailed from NJ.

Wow, I just paid twice that two days ago at the UPlay store during the one-day sale when it hit my target price–they cleverly waited till after the Steam sale to go down to 20.

I’m just getting into it and liking it quite a bit so far. Of course I’ll have to see if I grok the game’s systems.

BTW, what is the general feeling here about cdkeys.com? They’re not super-dodgy like G2A, right? They have Shadow of War going for about 40% off right now. I realize that the game won’t be out till October, though.

Jotun is free for the next 48 hours, saw it posted over on Reddit. Steam and GOG versions.

Thanks for the heads up.

Alright, gamecount++!

FYI all: GMG is having their summer sale, complete with old school flash deals etc.

Question: can I buy a game on there and give the key to my nephew (he really wants I am Bread)?

yep , keys are just emailed out, give it to anyone!

The entire Zachtronics oeuvre is on sale. Enough nerdtastic programming games to last you a lifetime!

Any “must-buy” VR games during this GMG sale? I’m getting an Oculus Rift next week. Batman™: Arkham VR maybe?