Bargain Thread 2017

“This product was not available.”

You’re killing me softly with your song, lordkosc. Killing me softly…with your song.

My guess is it was a price error. :(

isn’t it that price on gmg preorder?

No, 25% off on GMG, I ordered it the other day.

Bundle Stars is having a sale on Paradox Games. Included among them are Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet Edition for $15.99 and Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel Edition for $19.99 U.S.

Save an extra 10% when you use this code: SUMMER10

Offer ends in 3 days.

Star Deal on that other Lord of the Rings game, War In The North today at BundleStars. $2.99, which is the lowest it’s ever been.

Also, for the three people who still don’t own it, Shadow of Mordor GOTY is $3.59
(use code SUMMER10 for the extra $0.40 off).

Baldur’s Gate EE Complete is $18.35 after discount code.

Also, grab Game of Thrones the RPG and Game of Thrones Genesis (strategy) together for $4.99. Both are decent games.

Eclipse Sale at GreenManGaming.

• Kerbal Space Program - $16.40
  • Civilization : Starships & Beyond Earth Bundle - $12.30
  • XCOM2 - $19.68
  • XCOM : Enemy Unknown Complete Ed. - $8.20

Nope.

Good horror bundle here, in for $10.

Shadow Warrior 2 is on sale at Steam for $20. I have this fear that as soon as I buy Shadow Warrior 2, it will be in the Humble Monthly.

Well, it’s a horror bundle, for sure.

But other than Alien Isolation, that is a heapin’ helpin’ of meh. ;)

LOL. OK, so Genesis is probably only for die-hard Game of Thrones fans with patience for a very mediocre strategy game, but the Game of Thrones RPG was something I actually really enjoyed. With two unique stories set in the same time period as the books/show, featuring good writing, decent graphics (for 2012) and passable voice acting, the game is worthwhile, especially for fans of the books.

ah, it might have been $29.99 then at that price so I was mistakenly thinking $25.

Shadow Warrior (2013) is now free to keep if you add it to your library during Quakecon.

Fantastic Indie Legends Bundle 6 up at BundleStars. $3.49 for Steam keys to:

• Goat Simulator
  • I Am Bread
  • The Final Station
  • Shadowrun : Dragonfall Director’s Cut
  • Clustertruck
  • Chroma Squad
  • Cortex Command
  • Unbox : Newbie’s Adventure
  • Vanguard Princess : Director’s Cut Complete Edition

Lots of good gaming in there. The Final Station is easily worth $3.50 on it’s own!

Groupees has a nice Be Mine 31 Bundle for $3.75. Steam keys for:

• Warhammer 40K : Space Wolf
  • Blue Rider
  • Super Chibi Knight
  • Stardust Galaxy Warriors : Stellar Climax (oh my…)
  • War of the Human Tanks - ALTeR

Space Wolf alone is worth the asking price, which is a 60% discount over it’s normal price. Blue rider is also a great SHMUP.

What kind of game is Space Wolf? I love WH40K!

Is the game worth trying?

It sure is.

I was playing it today. It’s really pretty good now.

It’s a squad level TBS game with a card mechanic for movement and combat. You can play single player campaign, survival mode or multiplayer. The biggest knock against it in negative reviews is the learning curve, it’s tough. Of course, half of the positive reviews quote that as one of the things they like about it. If you dig WH40K, and like TBS, and don’t mind the card aspect, then you’ll probably enjoy it.

Space Wolf started life as a mobile game with micro-transactions. People kept clamoring for a PC version, so Herocraft decided instead of a simple port, they would completely overhaul the game to make it a PC game with no trace of the old micro-transaction model. The result is an even better game than the mobile version. See the open letter from Herocraft here, and be aware the game is still in Early Access, as Herocraft is still doing a lot more work on the game(outlined in the open letter).