Bargain Thread 2018

CDKeys is selling Steep (digital code) on XB1 for less than $10.

Also, Origin currently has Mass Effect Andromeda for $9.99.

For those few who don’t already own it (like me), Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild for Switch can be had for $45 on Amazon (US). From what I understand of Nintendo pricing policies, it is unlikely to be cheaper than this anytime soon.

It’s over after Monday, but right now the PS store has a huge PSVR sale going on.

https://store.playstation.com/en-us/grid/STORE-MSF77008-PSPLUSSPECIALS/1

Fanatical’s BundleFest comes to a close today with a new Nemesis 6 Bundle that has three tiers and several new-to-bundle Steam games. At the top level you get 15 games total, including Antihero, Beholder and its Blissful Sleep DLC, side-scroller Seraph and classic Slitherine wargame Panzer Corps for $8.99.

If you enjoy HOG adventures, the Dollar Viva Bundle might interest you. 29 Steam keys for $1, including a bunch of HOG adventure titles.

If you’re looking for 13 Indie titles from a cross-section of genres for only $1, check out the Dollar Slam Bundle

You can see all the Fanatical Bundles listed here. Many of the BundleFest specials end tomorrow.

Fanatical also has the Civ VI Rise & Fall Expansion as the Star Deal today for $23.39 (22%).

Steam has pixelated pugilistic management sim Domina for only $3.39 (66%) as the Daily Deal today.

This is a fantastic bundle! Antihero! You guys better play some games with us regulars once you get your feet wet.
vR8qCsg

This is the game that has the AI learn from your previous actions and then use them against you. If you go aggressive and run and gun the AI will do the same on your next mission and vice versa if you are sneaky and quiet.

I’ve been curious about this and the price dipped low enough to try the game.

Aaero, which was Tom’s 10th favorite game of 2017 is on sale this week on Xbox Live, half off. Very tempting.

Steam has Midweek Madness on Slitherine Titles. Up to 90% off, though most games are in the 50%-66% off range. Still plenty of good deals on quality games that don’t often see steep discounts.

Humble has launched a new Humble Brawler Bundle.

Pay $1 or more for Steam keys to:

• Guilty Gear XX ACORE CORE Plus R
  • BlazBlue : Continuum Shift Extend
  • Skullgirls

BTA (Currently less than $5) and receive:

• Arcana Heart 3 Love Max
  • Street Fighter X Tekken

Pay $9 and unlock:

• Guilty Gear Xrd Sign
  • Rivals of Aether
  • $2 Wallet Credit for Monthly Subscribers

Fanatical Star Deal today is Train Valley for $1.49 (85%)
Fanatical BundleFest enters it’s final day. If you had your eye on something, grab it in the next 12 hours, as some bundles will go away at that point.

What is Train Valley? Is it awesome? Sounds like it has trains so it must be awesome.

It is a fun little game. A simple network building game, with a very light economic aspect. Deliver goods to cities that populate randomly on the map (from a fixed location set, by the end of a map all stations will have spawned). Trains will generate on a timer at a station and need to be delivered to a specific station. Manage route building, and interchanges.

Nice game, not super deep, but a good relaxing lite strategy game.

It’s a puzzle game with trains. It’s inexpensive even full price and is often discounted, but it’s a fun game that’s totally worth $1.49 and more importantly the time to spend on it. However, it’s a casual game and not a huge empire simulator, so keep that in mind for the kinds of play sessions you’ll have.

I like the sound of it, I’m going to pick it up. Hey, since I’m here, are there any post apocalyptic train games, like a Mad Max kind of thing? Because if not that would be awesome, build up trade routes but also arm and armor your train to defend against mutants and robbers. That should be a thing.

It’s not post-apocalyptic, but Bounty Train, set in the Wild West, does allow you to upgrade/armor/equip your train and it’s crew and has trading, missions and factions.

The Final Station IS set in a post-apocalyptic world, but is more of a side-scrolling zombie shooter than a train sim. It’s available for $4.99 as part of the Tiny Build Party Bundle at Fanatical during BundleFest.

I remember @Telefrog (I think) mentioning in one of the QT3 games podcasts that there was a zombie expansion for one of the train simulator games. You had to leave the station before the zombies got on board, I believe. This was a few years ago, so my memory on it is very fuzzy.

Those are fighting games, not brawlers. Dammit, Humble Bundle! I knew IGN would ruin you!

That was me actually! Hey somebody listened to the podcast I was on with Tom way back when, cool!

Also, @SlainteMhath, I forgot about The Last Station, I think I own that- have to give it a try.

Good job selling that bundle for me. I liked the idea behind Final Station and ran off and bought it. Turns out I already owned it. :(

I’ll be over in the Giveaway thread in a bit I guess.

LOL! If I had a dollar for every bundle I bought because it contained a cool game I didn’t realize I already had…

…I’d have enough money to buy another bundle of games I already own!

So Polaris Sector and Pandora: First Contact are both 75% off, bringing them under $10 each. Worth it at that price? Is the DLC a must buy for either one?