Bargain Thread 2018

Of course, what with an alien invasion from space and all, we’re dealing with an alternate history scenario in any case, so why not–Kennedy ran and beat Ike in '56! :-)

Or it could be 1962. :-P

Edit: oh, and playing through the entire game again – it’s even better than I remembered.

BTW folks, Origin is offering a 75% discount on the Burnout Paradise remaster coming out in a couple of days if you have the previous version on Origin. You may already have the key for that if you bought the Humble Origin Bundle back when. The remaster includes the Big Surf Island DLC.

In @divedivedive’s defense, culturally 1962 in the US was still basically the 1950s.

That’s a really nice offer, it brings it down to $5 which is pretty reasonable for a remaster of a great game.

Please tell me they removed Paradise City from playing in the intro.

Ha - Mystery Chronicle One Way Heroics is only a dollar. Yeah, its an awful Spike-Chunsoftification of a great game, but at the price its definitely worth checking out. Though its probably a better deal to drop a few more dollars and get the original.

Yeah that kinda grates after a while. And I can only hear Avril Lavigne’s “Girlfriend” once or twice before having to hurt someone.

If they did, no sale…

…but I can’t argue with that one.

What’s with the Avril Lavigne h8, boi???

Yes, the Steam opinions make it look like throwing a coin down the gutter, as the game is not only inferior to the original, but the PC version porting seems to be awful.

Eh, for one buck it’s definitely worth it, but yeah, they dropped the ball on the latest One Way Heroics. I think I have a post about that… somewhere. The loading is now slow (for a tiny teeny game too), they added annoying unavoidable traps and Twitter integration… etc.

Uncharted 4 is on sale for $12 on PSN. That’s a pretty good price. I haven’t finished Uncharted 3 yet, but I’m tempted to get it anyway. Hmmm. Maybe I should wait.

Here’s my PS4 queue:

Bloodborne (DLC and ending)
Ratchet & Clank (almost done)
Horizon: Zero Dawn Complete
The Last Guardian
God of War 3 Remastered
2nd Half of Uncharted 3

I’m sure it will be on sale for $12 again by the time I get through that queue.

Fanatical Summer Sale is almost over.

https://www.fanatical.com/en/

GOG has a sale on older Bethesda game titles :
Quake, Fallout, Elder Scrolls, DOOM and Wolfenstein are all featured.

Steam has 549 Weeklong Deals including:

Anyone else having a problem getting their hands on the remastered Burnout Paradise deal? I hunted down my old Origin key for the Ultimate Box from the Humble Origin Bundle, redeemed it, then tried to buy the remastered version and it wouldn’t let me…just said I already had a “higher version” of it. O RLY?

EDIT: n/m, managed to do it on my phone today. I think that the problem was with the Origin client.

Humble Spooky Horror Bundle 2018 is live.

• $1 Tier includes How to Survive and How to Survive 2, which are great.
  • BTA is currently $6.85 and includes Bioshock Remastered
  • Top tier is $15 ($13 for monthly subscribers) and includes Dead By Daylight

GreenManGaming has an interesting charity bundle live. The GamesAid 50 Game Bundle is $50, but contains $800+ worth of mostly very good titles. Sadly, a lot of them have already been available in bundles, so there is going to be quite a bit of overlap here for most people, probably too much to justify the $50 price tag.

Last chance to pick up Middle Earth : Shadows of War for $14.99 (75%) as part of Fanatical’s Summer Sale. The Gold Edition is also on sale for $31.99 (68%) but I believe is eligible for the 10% SUMMER10 code making it around $29 total.

Three weeks later…

2018-08-21%2016_33_58-Steam

Dood - this game should be a controlled substance. Thanks for the encouragement!

Disgaea has claimed another victim.