Bargain Thread 2019

How much revenge does $.95 get you these days? Like a nipple twist?

For less than a buck, you only get a half-twist.

maxresdefault

I bought it too this morning. My first dip into this genre that sounds like a fake genre to me.

And now Hero of The Kingdom 3 is in a bundle for $3.50:

https://www.fanatical.com/en/bundle/indie-legends-x-bundle

That’s a good one with Caveblazers, Rain World, and a new lowest price for Siralim 3.

So I show up all excited to post about the Indie Legends X Bundle at Fanatical for $4.99 that includes Hero of the Kingdom III, Rain World, CaveBlazers and Siralim 3 among others, and two people have already beaten me to it. WHAT THE HELL PEOPLE!!!
;-)

Seriously though, that’s a nice bundle, all 4 of the games mentioned are very well rated and a steal at $1.25 each even if you never play the other bundled games.

Steam Midweek Madness is live:

Humble has a new Paradox Managment Games Bundle live.

$1 for Steam keys to:

• Prison Architect & Aficionado DLC
  • Cities in Motion
  • Cities in Motion 2

BTA (curently $6.70) to add:

• Cities Skylines
  • Cities Skylines Green Cities DLC
  • Cities Skylines Synthetic Dawn Radio DLC
  • Cities Skylines European Suburbia DLC
  • Cities in Motion : U.S. Cities DLC
  • Cites in Motion : German Cities DLC
  • Cities in Motion : Tokyo DLC
  • Cities in Motion 2 : European Cities DLC

Pay $18 and unlock:

• Surviving Mars : Deluxe Edition
  • Surviving Mars : Space Race DLC
  • Surviving Mars : Green Planet DLC
  • Surviving Mars : Project Laika DLC
  • Cites Skylines : Industries DLC

That is a whole lot of management fun for under $20!

Sorry man! I just happened to notice it and remembered people were talking about Hero of the Kingdom. Keep doing what you do!

Also, City of Brass was free on Epic, so $4 isn’t a historic low :)

Humble Store is having an Indie Hits Sale. Together with the Humble Monthly 20%, Into the Breach is at an all-time low of $6.

Need recommendations on the Paradox Management Games Bundle. I’ve been eyeing some of these for some time, but the amount of DLC turns me off a bit (I hate feeling like I’ve an incomplete game). Suggestions on where the sweet spot would be?

Well each tier is basically a game set.

The highest tier is all Surviving Mars, which I have really been enjoying lately.

I’m weak. I got the Hero of the Kingdom bundle AND the Management bundle.

Control is an “indie hit”? Hmm.

Is Cities Skylines a worthy successor to the SimCity franchise?

I did not care for it, but I know several people who love it, including my sister.

YMMV, but for my money, the answer is absolutely yes.

SimCity was a management game, Cities Skylines is basically a sandbox with some sewage and traffic micromanagement thrown in. There’s never any pushback to speak of, just a lot of niggling shit (literally) to deal with. Clearly others feel differently, but I see it as another in the long line of recent sim games that forgot the “game” part.

Certainly a more worthy heir than Sim City itself

I personally was disappointed in the direction they took Cities Skylines - as others have mentioned, it’s more sandbox than sim. If these games don’t have a fail state I find them boring pretty quickly, which was my experience with Cities Skylines. I hoped the expansions would add to difficulty, but then seemed largely cosmetic IMO. Still waiting for a truly challenging, modern city builder.

Not if you want a game with systems that push back. If you just want to kinda paint and design cities than maybe.