Bargain Thread 2019

Sovereignty sounds cool, but all the reports of crashes (specifically, it sounds like from one review, from the AI doing something you have absolutely no control over) and the fact it hasn’t seen a patch in a nearly a year mean I’m gonna give it a pass even at that price.

You know, maybe if there was a deep learning AI behind my previous game purchases, so that I at least knew that the SURPRISE in the cracker jacks would please me even a little… maybe*. But this whole TEE HEE YOU’LL NEVER KNOW WHAT SHOVELWARE YOU’LL GET OwO crap is just another indication of just how far our civilization has fallen and how little precious bodily essence we have left

/* “Jesus Christ, I got Falcon Gold AGAIN? I don’t even know where my HOTAS is any more!”*/

Humble Bundle always tells you the biggest game it includes before you buy, so you can base your decision on that alone.

Sure, but plenty of people don’t. And it’s still a blind buy for the rest.

Plenty of people eat Arbys, people are stupid.

Wait what? Arby’s is delicious, especially this sandwich.

No, you’re stupid. Arby’s is nommy.

And people are stupid, too. Some of them, I hear, like avacados.

From my perspective, Humble Monthly is a blind buy with a proven track record of interesting games. It also assuages my need to buy games, so it’s a fixed $12/mo instead of however much more I used to spend.

As far as I know, the Fanatical blind bundles are nowhere near as good deals.

I tried once and got a decent spread of games I mostly already owned. Which is why I think blind bundling sucks, the Monthly included.

But the ability to gauge if you want to pay $12 for the one announced game certainly helps.

What the FUCK man, Arby’s is AWESOME.

WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK MAN? Avocados are the best!

If you buy a lot of games, I agree HM isn’t a very good value. I use the idea that games I’m interested in may show up in HM to keep myself from buying them separately. Same dislike of getting games I already own in bundles, different solution.

ARBY’S IS DEPRESSION ON A BUN. I’ll FIGHT YOU ON THIS.

Did you not look at that sandwich I posted??? King’s Hawaiian bun? Sweet and spicy pineapple habanero sauce? What kind of monster are you?

I find Arby’s to be… fine.

But I can’t help posting old(er) Simpsons!

YOU’LL LOSE.

Let me pre thread cop the thread coppers and say: Hey you’s! There’s a thread for this discussion!

Yeah but you don’t have to be nice in this thread.

People who judge food choices are stupid.

Up until about 10-12 years ago, Arbys was about as disgusting a fast food choice as there was. New CEO, new management philosophy, new food philosophy since then. They’re just fine now, and do what they do pretty well for what they are.

I worked at Arby’s as my first job, back in the late 90s, and it seems like pretty much the same approach now as it did back then, to me. But I always felt it was slightly classier than most of the other fast food chains. And that’s not saying very much.