Bargain Thread 2019

I forgot how polished the GUI is in this game. When it was released it was one of the better looking sims too.

Engagement ranges are much longer than in games like Freespace. I think this is what bounced me off of the game. I just couldn’t wrap my head around ships being so distant yet still able to kill you.

@_@

I had never heard of that game (Starshatter, to be clear) either. Going to check it, be enthused, be humiliated, put it away. The usual!

FYI y’all, Starshatter is free. Go try it out!

http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php?topic=80935.0

I wasted hours with Starshatter many years ago, trying to work out if this game that promised much was any good.

Narrator: it wasn’t

Oh come now, it’s quite good, just really hard.

(AI set to: rookie, check)

Stop posting non-bargains in this thread!

NO U!!

AC: Unity now $9.60 with a coupon code HAPPYUBI. Worth a try if you were put off by internet angst on release but fancy Paris as a setting.

https://store.ubi.com/us/assassins-creed-unity/56c4947a88a7e300458b45d6.html?lang=en_US

I think the weirdest thing about Starshatter is that it was published by Matrix at one point.

I believe they both were. It was the 2000s. It was a weird time for space gaming.

PSN North America is having a Flash Sale until Friday until Monday 8am PT.
Featuring many games I’ve never heard of. These might be interesting (PS4 unless otherwise noted):
Hollow Knight USD 9.89.
Divinity Original Sin: Enhanced Edition USD 9.99.
Mad Max USD 4.99.
Raw Data VR USD 15.99.
Street Fighter V Arcade Edition USD 19.99.
Zero Escape: The Nonary Games PS4: USD 14.99 VIta: USD 11.99.
Zero Escape: Zero Time Dilemma USD 19.99

I adored this. Don’t hesitate to grab it.

Fanatical Star Deal today is Civilization VI Gold for a historic low of $26.89. Gold contains the base game, plus 6 Civilization/Scenario packs, plus the Rise and Fall expansion (all as a single Steam key). That’s a great deal.

If you’re a loot box gambler, Fanatical also has the Deluxe Mystery Game for $3.99. The description claims you’ll receive a “Top AAA or Indie title from some of the best Steam developers and publishers”. I don’t know what that means, other than it’s less likely that you’ll receive Bad Rats!.

Humble Store Winter Sale has Grim Dawn on 24 hour flash sale for only $4.49 (with Monthly discount).

Ah ha, I knew if I waited long enough something like this would come along! To the backlog with you!

According to Reddit this is what you might get:

So far

• Beholder 2 (a lot)
  • Dirt Rally
  • Candle
  • Mafia III
  • Witch It
  • Injustice 2
  • House Party
  • LEGO® DC Super-Villains
  • Shadow of War: Definitive Edition
  • I’m not a monster
  • AER Memories of Old
  • STAR WARS Jedi Knight Jedi Academy
  • RedOut: Enhanced Edition
  • Jedi Knight Outcast II
  • borderlands the pre sequel
  • Lego incredibles
  • Batman Arkham Knight
  • Lego Star Wars the Force Awakens
  • Ken Follett’s The Pillars of the Earth
  • Cook Serve Delicious 2
  • LEGO Marvels Avengers
  • Call of duty 4: Modern warfare
  • State of Mind
  • Bioshock Infinite
  • PUBG
  • Lego Jurassic world
  • Do not feed the monkeys
  • Hitman 2 (wow actually quite good)
  • I got lego super heroes

Oops, the Deluxe Mystery bundle seems to have ended already-- it was supposed to run for two weeks!

Humble Caffeine Bundle:

• Pay $1 for Headlander, Gonner, Treadnauts and Caffiene

• BTA (around $5 currently) and add : This War of Mine, Dear Esther and Ken Follett’s Pillars of the Earth

• Pay $12 and unlock Tyranny and Shadow Tactics : Blades of the Shogun.

That’s a great deal for $12!

I KNOW you’ve been waiting to save 18% on Gloomhaven!

Is Gloomhaven good for just 2 or 3 people? Do you need someone to DM?