Bargain Thread 2019

Warhammer 40,000: Gladius - Relics of War is $20 on Gamesplanet UK, flash deal good for another 18 hours, new lowest price.

Fanatical Star Deal today is Redout Complete Pack for $11.99 (85%). Includes Redout Enhanced Edition and all 7 DLC as separate Steam keys.

Fanatical also has the Bento 2 Bundle live. $4.99 for 10 anime-themed games from various genres.

Over at Indie Gala, get Kerbal Space Program for a historic low as part of the Over the Moon Bundle at $6.99. Price goes up in 24 hours. Bundle includes:

• Kerbal Space Program
  • To the Moon
  • Alien Shooter 2 : Reloaded
  • Horizon Shift

That’s actually a really nice bundle for $7 for anyone who still doesn’t own KSP, as To the Moon, Alien Shooter 2 and Horizon Shift are all quality games as well!

IndieGala also has a nice one day deal on Sword Art Online : Hollow Realization Deluxe Edition for only $11.99. Deluxe Edition includes the Season Pass content.

They also have the just released Age of Wonders : Planetfall for $39.99 (20% off). That’s the lowest price anywhere at the moment.

KSP for $7 is a steal. A steal!

Jeb Kerman agrees, that deal is hot.

Indie sale at Humble.

https://www.humblebundle.com/store/promo/indie-hits-sale/

A lot of good prices in Steam’s Spike Chunsoft sale. I’ll be trying out Danganronpa, Zero Escape, and 428 Shibuya Scramble.

https://store.steampowered.com/sale/spike-chunsoft/

I was actually just coming here to post that. Historical lows on Fire Pro Wrestling World (which I owned already) and most of its DLC (which I just bought).

Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice is $30 on Newegg with promo code EMCTDTD33 (requires newsletter email signup), might be US only. Free shipping (it’s a Steam code in a box).

Disgaea 5 Complete has a free weekend and $24 sale.

Haha, that’s so dumb.

It truly is. So wasteful.

Hah, exactly what I got. Heard too many good things about them, and at that price, I just had to. ;)

Evil Within 2 , $10 @ Amazon. (PC Physical)

Wait, what? Like a physical disc? I didn’t think physical PC games existed anymore.

(upon perusing the Amazon feedback, sounds like it comes with a Steam key as well.)

Yep, crazy!

A portion of the game is on the disc, and the rest has to be downloaded from Steam.

It looks like this copy has the Steam key printed on paper in the box (based on the Amazaon Q & A’s).

Be warned that on rare occasions (i.e. Homefront: the Revolution) you actually had to insert the disc to gain access to the Steam key and required a disc drive in your PC.

I just noticed (via email) that all the system shock games are on sale at GoG. In particular, system shock enhanced is a whole $1.49. I didn’t have the machine to play it at the time it came out, but since I loved the 2nd so much (and every similar “simulator” game like Prey since) it seems like a pretty safe bet!

https://www.gog.com/game/system_shock_enhanced_edition

New Fanatical Adventure Pick & Mix Bundle has some decent titles on offer. 28 games to choose from at $1.99 for 5 titles, 10 for $3.79 or 15 for $4.99.
For example:

• Rime
  • Zenith
  • Dex
  • Dead Age
  • Morningstar

make for a nice $1.99 bundle

The Fanatical Summer Sale begins today. Sale prices on lots of titles, and get an additional 10% off with code FANATICAL10. Some great deals including:

• Pathfinder : Kingmaker - $17.99 with code (historic low)
  • Monster Hunter : World - $26.45 with code
  • Warhammer 40K : Mechanicus - $16.19 with code
  • Kingdom Come : Deliverance - $16.19 with code
  • Borderlands : The Handsome Collection - $5.41 with code
  • Railway Empire - $14.84 with code (historic low)
  • Ancestor’s Legacy - $15.74 with code
  • Rise of Industry - $17.00 with code
  • Book of Demons - $11.24 with code (historic low, everyone should own this game!)

Star Deal today is Baldur’s Gate Complete Pack for $12.99. It contains Baldur’s Gate Enhanced Edition plus the original Siege of Dragonspear DLC and the Faces Of Good & Evil portrait pack DLC, plus the soundtracks to both BG:EE and SoDS. That’s not bad for $13, but it’s an odd decision not to toss BG2:EE in there as well (and maybe up the price to $15 or $20 with soundtrack).

Tales From Candlekeep : Tomb of Annihilation Complete Bundle is $8.99 (use the code) and contains the base game plus all DLC.

Star Wars : Knights of the Old Republic I & II Bundle is $4.49 with code.

Steam has an Assassin’s Creed Franchise Sale happening with up to 75% off.

Also on Steam, over 800 Weeklong Deals including:

From my Steam wishlist:

Planescape Torment EE is 50% off, down to $10
Pinball FX3 - Williams Pinball Vol 2 is 50% off, down to $5.

I think Torment EE is just like Planescape Torment but with mods already installed, right? So no hurry to get that one. Williams Pinball Vol 2 was the one with Black Rose, Attack from Mars and The Party Zone, all pinball tables I’ve never heard of, so it’s tough to say whether that’s worth it.

It has been way cheaper before so I’d not advice anybody to buy it right now. I myself have played so much of the original that I still don’t need it. But… I wouldn’t sell the EE versions short: I think e.g. Baldur’s Gate 2 feels much more up to date with the EE version, especially thanks to the zoom feature (and fast looting) which I consider to be essential. Mod versions in high res result in everything being very tiny. Sometimes thats nice to look at, having the big picture etc. But it’s even better to have the option to zoom in. That only comes with the EE versions. So… no, it’s not just mods. (Although I don’t know how far mods have come nowadays.)

@all: Warhammer: Vermintide 2 for 6,99 € (MIDWEEK MADNESS!)… yes or no if I’m looking for some mindless multiplayer FPS distraction…?