Bargain Thread 2020

Not much to report today except that Steam is having a nice Slitherine Publisher’s Sale. Slitherine stuff almost never used to go on sale, and while it’s become more common lately, it’s still worth noting when it happens.

• Warhammer 40K Gladius : Relics of War - $15.59 (61%), near a historic low, DLC is also 30% off (except for T’au)
  • Fantasy General II - $29.99 (25%)
  • Battlestar Galactica : Deadlock - $13.99 (65%)
  • Field of Glory II - $11.99 (60%)
  • Field of Glory : Empires - $27.99 (30%)
  • Aggressors : Ancient Rome - $9.89 (67%) A new historic low.
  • Last Days of Old Earth - $6.24 (75%) matches historic low
  • Mare Nostrvm - $5.99 (70%)
  • and many more

EDIT - BONUS DEAL
I just noticed that GreenManGaming has Monster Hunter World for a historic low of $17.28 (42%).

Also a CI games sale is going on over at Steam.

35% off Sniper Ghost Warrior Contracts. $19.49

Everything related to Orcs Must Die 1 and 2 is on deep discount at Gamersgate.com:

https://www.gamersgate.com/games?prio=relevance&q=Orcs%20must%20die

You know I just noticed this and picked it up.

90% off Division 2 just seems like such a sweet deal.

Then as soon as I completed the purchase I realized it would probably:

A. Show up in the next Humble Bundle like the first one did.
B. Go free to play.

Oh well. Three bucks isn’t a huge deal. Too bad this isn’t a game that can last once they shut the servers down.

If anyone’s interested, the T’au DLC can be had on Gamersgate for 15% off with coupon code: THEDISCOUNT

Thanks, ordered!

GoG has a deal where if you buy Beautiful Desolation you receive Stasis (the developer’s prior game) for free:

https://www.gog.com/game/beautiful_desolation

Descenders has a free weekend and $15 sale.

Black Desert Online is currently free to own on Steam.

Overlanders is currently $2.5. This is a Wipeout-like racer with a monster chasing/hunting mode. It has cross-play with the Nintendo Switch version.

Fanatical Star Deal today is Total War : Warhammer II for $16.49 (73%). That’s not too far off a historic low (it’s been $15 a couple of times elsewhere).

Fanatical sold out of the original Killer Bundle 12, but now has Killer Bundle 12 Redux available, albeit missing one of the game collections from the original offering. Still a good deal at $3.49 for:

• Sherlock Holmes : The Devil’s Daughter
  • The Surge
  • Wonder Boy : The Dragon’s Trap
  • Atari Vault

Titan Quest : Atlantis DLC is available for $8.99 (40%) on Indiegala, matching a historic low. The Ragnarok DLC is $4.99 (75%), also matching a historic low. Both are excellent.

Inner Space is FREE on the Epic Store through March 5th. Then the freebies flip to GoNNER and Offworld Trading Company.

Epic Store also has an Ubisoft Sale happening:

Note that if you still have a $10 coupon hanging around from the Holiday Sale, it should apply to anything $14.99 and up, making form some pretty sweet $4.99-$13.99 deals on the above.

Steam is having a couple of Publisher’s Sales.
Larian Publisher’s Sale includes the Divinity Franchise at up to 90% off.
Square Enix Sale features all the usual franchises at 50%-90% off.
The Mount & Blade Franchise is on sale, and Bannerlord launches into EA on March 31st.

I don’t do this very often, but I feel like pointing out that for a mere $3 you can get the game I* made:

* As part of an awesome team, obviously.

At that price, everyone should be getting Before the Storm. A worthy prequel (sequel) to the original.

We had a B-plot/mini-arc in our latest season of New Guard (a teen superheroes “semi-organized play” RPG campaign using the Mutants & Masterminds 3E system wherein I and 4 other GMs ran a 3-month, 18-session, 3-tables-at-a-time-telling-interconnected-stories campaign for about 20 players) that cribbed heavily from the Life is Strange games. Some of the PCs wound up helping the Max-alike process her remaining trauma from our version of the events of the first game and reconnect with the Victoria-analog in the wake of all that stuff; one PC actually ended up dating “Max” by season’s end and it was super adorable.

Anyway, I dunno, maybe weird to hear about what amounts to RPG fanfic about a series you’ve worked on, but it was a really rich vein to mine for good high school teen drama inspiration with interesting powers already worked right in. If you’re still with them, give the team our sincere thanks for crafting some very, very awesome games – several of us on the New Guard team are big fans :)

That sounds amazing, Armando! I have a hard enough time juggling one session of GMing, much less coordinating between three groups of players! As part of the team that made the prequel, most of the time it felt to us like making fan fiction… that just became canon upon release. Thanks for the kind words.

@ArmandoPenblade I am confused why this post is in the bargain thread.

Not that the post isn’t interesting, as usual, but still and yet…

Cuz I didn’t realize that @Nightgaunt was involved in making a LiS title until he brought it up here while pointing out an amazing discount on said game!

I will allow it!

@ArmandoPenblade should still post a bargain. ;)

Okiedokes!

You can get Dragon Quest XI: Echoes of an Elusive Age - Definitive Edition for the Nintendo Switch for $37.49 on Amazon today with a coupon!

https://www.amazon.com/Dragon-Quest-XI-Elusive-Definitive-Nintendo/dp/B07NQGDXRY/

Fanatical Star Deal today is No Man’s Sky for $22.79, which is close to a historic low.

Fanatical has 60%-75% off all of the DLC for Kingdom Come : Deliverance. Grab all 5 DLC for $12.68.
NOTE : These are Steam keys, they do not work with the Epic Store copy of the game that was given away free last week.