Bargain Thread 2020

New year, new decade, old games, new games, and new bargains!

Let’s start off with an oldie but goodie!
Populous is 75% off at GoG. $1.49

Did anybody mention Pop- … Oh, I see. Nevermind, then!

I had forgotten how much of that game’s screen space was taken up by the interface. And yet, it still looks really good today. Thanks for that screenshot!

The mini-map is almost as big as the playable area!

That’s an optimization, bigger UI for better performance.

Farming game sale over at Humble Store!

greenacres

Canadian bargains:

Use coupon code SAVE15 at staples.ca to get $15 off on any purchase $150+ expires Jan 7
Use coupon code GOALS2020 to save $15 off any $60+ purchase at staples.ca expires Jan 8

Coupons do not stack.

Oh reallllly.

Do you think American Staples will price match Canadian Staples? Asking for a friend.

New Year, new thread.

Fanatical has The Broken Sword Complete Pack as the Star Deal for $3.99 (92%). Includes all 5 games delivered as 3 separate Steam keys.

The Best of Bento Bundle is $4.99 and includes 12 Anime-themed titles ranging from RPGs to horror games to top-down shooters to fighting games.

Steam has extended the deal on Disco Elysium through the weekend. $31.99 (20%).

A new Humble Choice Bundle is live. If you’re not currently a Choice subscriber ($12 for 10 games), you can pay $15 to select 3 games or $20 to select 9 games from the choices this month. It’s a good month, with choices that include:

• Graveyard Keeper
  • Middle Earth : Shadow of War
  • Two Point Hospital
  • Bad North : Jotun Edition
  • DiRT Rally 2.0
  • Street Fighter V
  • Trailmakers
  • unrailed!
  • Whispers of Machine
  • Mages of Mystralia
  • GRID Combat Racing
  • Them’s Fightin’ Herds

$5 each for Two Point Hospital, Shadow of War and Graveyard Keeper or Bad North is a deal. $20 to get all four plus 5 additional titles is a steal.

Pretty happy with the Choice. I’m liking their mixture of high profile releases and interesting indie titles (I dont seem much chaff, although as a fighting game fan I would have preferred literally any other game in the genre besides SFV). Probably the best value in gaming for your $12 if you have wide ranging tastes.

Best Buy is having a deal through Google Shopping. 20% off an order up to $20. I just ordered a Nintendo Ring Fit Adventure for < $70.

Any Canadians in need of a gaming mouse should pick up two of the Logitech G502 SE from staples.ca today for $39.99 CAD each and use the $15 off $60 GOALS2020 coupon that expires on the 8th to get them for $32.50 each pre-tax. Its “regular” price is an overpriced MSRP of $79.99 but it really should be around $50-60.

Fanatical Star Deal today is Megadimension Neptunia VII Digital Deluxe Edition for $3.59 (85%)

Fanatical also has Steam Award for Outstanding Story game A Plague Tale : Innocence at a historic low $22.04 (51%).

Do you like farming games? Humble Store has a Farming Sale happening with steep discounts on several farm-themed titles including (Humble Choice subscibers will save another 15% off prices listed below):

• Harvest Moon : Light of Hope - $14.99 (50%) - a historic low
  • My Time at Portia - $17.99 (40%)
  • Farming World - $0.99 (80%)
  • Staxel - $11.99 (40%)
  • Verdant Skies - $6.99 (65%)
  • Farming Simulator '19 - $19.99 (20%)
  • World’s Dawn - $2.49 (75%) Note World’s Dawn is available along with 11 other games in the Best of Bento Bundle from Fanatical for $4.99

Steam Midweek Madness features:

The second set of FREE Twitch Prime Games for January are out.

• Kingdom : New Lands
  • Dandara
  • Anarcute
  • A Normal Lost Phone
  • Splasher

Free at Epic: Sundered: Eldritch Edition, which I’ve been meaning to try, and @rhamorim has written nice things about it. (Next week, 7th best game of 2019 Horace)

Free at Humble if you sign up for their newsletter: Headsnatchers (me neither)

Humble Store has their winter sale going on, a few games I’ve been watching hit new lows:

1-9-2020 2-58-53 PM
1-9-2020 2-59-10 PM
1-9-2020 3-00-38 PM
1-9-2020 3-02-21 PM

Save 25% with same-day order services - Target

https://www.target.com/pl/543241529?lnk=Save25onselectvideogameswhenyo&ref=tgt_email_HN001091MT&emseq=382255157487666109&elnk=traditional|email||||promo_bar|48983&j=165149&sfmc_sub=296400059&l=20_HTML&u=90811050&mid=7284872&jb=35451&sfir=435892

example titles:

Star Wars: Jedi Fallen Order - PlayStation 4 / XBOX
Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom Battle - Nintendo Switch
The Outer Worlds - PlayStation 4
Red Dead Redemption 2 - PlayStation 4 / XBOX
Borderlands 3 - PlayStation 4 / XBOX
Sims 4 + Island Living - PlayStation 4

Fanatical has side-scrolling RPG Regions of Ruin for $1.00 (92%) as the Star Deal today. That’s a steal.

They’ve also launched a Playway Mega Bundle for $3.99 which features 21 games and 3 DLC, none of which I’ve ever heard of.

Games I have heard of that Fanatical has on sale this weekend include:

IndieGala has a new Shade and Hate Bundle for $3.49 that includes Hatred, Daedalus : No Escape, and both Shadowgrounds games along with 4 other titles.

Indiegala also has a daily deal on Warhammer : Chaosbane for $19.99 (60%). Not quite a historic low, but pretty close.

Train nerds rejoice! Steam is hosting Dovetail Games’ Festival of Rail this weekend. Up to 85% off everything Train Simulator 2020 ($14.99- 50%) and Train Sim World 2020 ($13.49 - 55%).

Steam also has fantasy MMORPG (they still make those?!) Project Gorgon for $26.79 (33%)
Streets of Rogue is on sale for $13.99 (30%)
Play WWII FPS Post Scriptum free this weekend, and pay $22.49 (25%) if you decide to purchase

Humble has a nice little Sweet Farm Bundle live today.
Pay $1 for Steam keys to:

• Niche
  • MagiCat
  • Evergarden

BTA (around $6) and receive:

• Equilinox
  • Ultimate Chicken Horse
  • Samorost 3

Pay $10 and unlock:

• Stardew Valley

Stardew Valley has been as low as $8.99 in recent sales, but for only a $1 more than it’s historic low you can tack on 6 additional titles, most of which are good games in their own right. Not a bad deal at all.

Meanwhile, the Humble Store has added Warner Bros., THQ Nordic and Deep Silver titles to their Winter Sale. I am disappointed however in the Deep Silver discounts, as I’d been saving up Humble Store credit that expires at the end of the month hoping for Pathfinder : Kingmaker on sale for the same $15.99 it was during the Steam and Fanatical Winter Sales. Nope, it’s $23.79 with Choice discount. Bah! Looks like I’ll be purchasing Pathway for $8.15 and maybe the Ashes of Malmouth expansion for Grim Dawn for $9.94 instead. The Forgotten God expansion for Grim Dawn is $9.51 as well. Prices all reflect Humble Choice additional discount.

Over at Fanatical, the Star Deal today is Devil May Cry 5 : Deluxe Edition for $24.69 (65%). Includes base game and 12 DLCs. Pretty sure that is a historic low for the Deluxe Edition.

Also at Fanatical, the Adventure Pick & Mix Bundle is back, this time with some new titles added. 37 titles to choose from at 5 for $1.99, 10 for $3.79 or 15 for $4.99. Fall of Light, Distrust, DEX, Dead Age and Beholder make for a really nice bundle at $1.99.

Also just launched at Fanatical, the Kingdom Come : Deliverance Royal Bundle contains the base game and all 5 DLC for only $24.99 (38%). That’s a nice deal for anyone who has held out this long.

Also live, the GRIP : Combat Racing + Complete Garage Bundle which contains the base game and all 3 DLC for $16.75 (70%). Note to the Marketing Department : I had to look at that twice before I didn’t read it as “Complete Garbage Bundle”.

cdkeys has Horizon Zero Dawn Complete (PS4) for $6. I’ve always wanted to own the digital edition so what the heck.