Bargain Thread 2020

Now we just need Graham Chapman (RIP) from that Monty Python bit to show up and stop all this for being “too silly.”

If you’ve regretted not taking advantage of the Humble Choice Classic Plan ($12 per month for 10 games) when it was offered last year, or you didn’t know about Humble Choice until after they changed the system, for a limited time Humble is offering the Humble Choice Premium Subscription for $12 per month for 1 year for new subscribers. That means you get 9 choices each month for $12 instead of the normal $20. You can pause a month at any time (it simply extends your subscription another month) if you don’t like that month’s games.

While it’s been a mixed bag lately (this month is great with Jurassic Park Evolution, XCOM 2 and DLC, Rise of Industry and Warhammer 40K : Gladius among others, but the previous couple of months were so-so) overall I would say it’s been fantastic deal at $12 a month since it began 6 months ago. Seeing the choices up front, getting 21 days to decide, and being able to skip/pause a month any time has been a marked improvement over the old “blind purchase” format.

Disclaimer : The link above is a referral link. If you want to take advantage of the deal and have a friend who already subscribes, ignore my link and have them generate one to send you instead so they get the referral credit!

Oh, definitely. I second this. This level of quality of Humble Choice, I think, will not last forever. We will look back on these months as the halcyon days. Humble Classic Plan members are making out like bandits.

Wait what? What did I do?!

Aegis Defenders is currently free on Steam.

I think he’s referring to your trying to make a go of streaming as a full time thing to make a living.

10 Second Ninja X is also free to keep

I haven’t played it, but for free I’ll add it to the backlog!

I found the Humble Choice Classic plan to be worthwhile for the 20% off discount on their store. It stacks with almost every game - even those already on sale. Puts most games into “all time low” territory quite often.

The discounted Premium offer @SlainteMhath linked gives that same benefit.

Well, aren’t you working hard on the major project of getting paid to play games? Got for it! We all hope you succeed.

Oh, yes, I’m working very hard. Thank you!

I am not sure what the cheapest this has been for sure, by itself, but due to people being stuck at home… Campaign Cartographer 3+ is on sale for $22.45.

https://www.profantasy.com/shop/default.aspx

I know you can change countries on their store front, and it’s £14.95according to what i see.

My experience with it is limited, in that I own it, played with it but have not devoted time to really do something special… yet. It’s a robust tool system, there are other products that work with, for sure, as I am sure some of you know already.

$4 for The House of Da Vinci over at Fanatical.

https://www.fanatical.com/en/game/the-house-of-da-vinci

Steam page for more info on this escape room game:

Thanks! Never heard of the game, but it sounds intriguing, with the sequel coming this week.

I’ve seen it compared to The Room, and note that it is also available on mobile app stores for $4.99.

Far Cry 5 has a free weekend coming up on Uplay, available to pre-load now (33GB).

Healers Quest is 75% off.

Do people really not appreciate the healer? I like being the healer in online games.

Is he treated like the goalie? It’s his fault if the team loses, but it’s not thanks to him if the team wins?

I tried playing a healer in WoW once… that was way too much pressure and decidedly not fun, just staring at your party’s health bars and getting blamed for wipes. I certainly grew a larger appreciation for healers after that! I’ll take a DPS role (hunter, rogue) any day of the week.

I love healers. But yeah there are bunch of jerks that do tend to blame healers for everything. It came from the whole trinity thing.