Bargain Thread 2021

XCOM 2 + WotC is fantastic. I finally got well into a WotC campaign last year but made the mistake of picking the campaign option that includes the Alien Hunters stuff without having to provoke it yourself by initiating a particular mission. Can someone remind me (for next time) how to avoid that? The Chosen are a hard enough thing to deal with without having to deal with other SuperAliens with a billion hit points.

Need to get back to that campaign soon. I’d already managed to off the Assassin.

Brand new Omega Bundle at Fanatical today. Three tiers:

Pay $1.00 for Steam keys to:

• Shadows Awakening
  • Caveblazers
  • Jump Jet Rex

Pay $3.99 to add:

• Drink More Glurp
  • Fictorum
  • The Wanderer : Frankenstein’s Creature
  • Vectronom
  • Verlet Swing
  • Hyper Knights

Pay $6.49 and unlock:

• LevelHead
  • Sea Salt
  • Ken Follett’s The Pillars of the Earth

Shadows Awakening is a great ARPG that is a STEAL at $1. Add Sea Salt, LevelHead and Pillars of the Earth and you’ve got an amazing deal at $6.49.

Star Deal on Fanatical today is the Rise of the Tomb Raider 20 Year Celebration Edition for $5.09 (83%)

Humble has a new Best of Stealth Bundle live.

Pay $1 for Steam key to:

• Aragami

BTA (currently $10.83) to add:

• ECHO
  • Heat Signature
  • Styx : Shards of Darkness

Pay $12 and unlock:

• Ghost of a Tale
  • Hitman : Game of the Year Edition
  • Hitman 2 : Gold Edition
  • Hitman 3 10% off coupon for Humble Store

Over on Steam, Owlcat Games has announced Pathfinder : Kingmaker would be free to play and 50% discount this weekend. Forget that 50% though and head over to Humble Store instead where the Imperial Edition Bundle is only $15.98 (59%) or $12.78 for Humble Choice Members. That is a deal.

I can vouch for Heat Signature in the Humble bundle. Took me some getting used to and reading a few FAQs but now I’m having a blast. It does have some quirks I don’t like but it’s a good game.

Heat Signature is great. Truly great.

You know what, it really is. I remember when it first came out, it didn’t sound all that appealing, but man it’s so fun.

I tried Heat Signature again recently and couldn’t get it to run on my 4k screen. Just black unless I set the resolution low and ran it in a window. I am not willing to lower my desktop res to play games any more. :)

Prime Gaming, umm, games, for September are up. Sam & Max, Puzzle Agent, bunch of misc crap. Gamecount++.

Candleman The Complete Journey! Yes!

Is it a man that sells candles or a candle in the shape of a man? Nevermind, I won’t install unless it’s a candle in the shape of Dawson’s Creek era Katie Holmes.

I think Knockout City looks fun, so Im glad not to have to pay the $20 to try it out. Though I suspect it will eventually go F2P.

Watch Dogs: Legion has a free weekend on Ubisoft Connect (Uplay) and Epic and PS4/PS5, Friday through Monday, and $24 sale (Ubi price, might be different elsewhere).

A Total War Saga : TROY has finally released on Steam. While it is on a release discount pretty much everywhere, the absolute best deal on it is for the Heroic Edition over on Fanatical at $44.59 (53%). Heroic Edition comes with the base game plus the Mythos, Amazons and Ajax & Diomedes DLCs.

It was free at launch on Epic right?

It was, yeah.

Yes, the base game was free on Epic at launch for a couple of days, then they made the Amazons expansion free as well if you jumped through a couple of hoops (registration at Creative Labs). Sadly, neither the Mythos expansion or the Ajax & Diomedes DLC are on sale at Epic, so those of us who own it there and don’t want to spend $44 on DLC will have to wait a bit.

Good build a bundle here with both Glass Masquerade games.

https://www.fanatical.com/en/pick-and-mix/build-your-own-gems-bundle

I wonder if I already own those or not?

Far Cry 3 is free in the Ubisoft Connect app until Sept. 11.

Far Cry 3 had the best towers. :)

It did not! The view from the towers was terrible. I think they had really aggressive LOD for the trees, so when you got on top of the towers, all the trees around you looked terrible.