Bargain Thread 2021

It’s even a deal for a game I can’t start playing!

I’m in for the Tropico bundle as well. I loved the original as well as Tropico 3, but never got around to trying the rest, so I’ll give 6 a shot. I hope if nothing else its soundtrack lives up to the aforementioned titles. It would be cool if they had taken the best tracks from all the previous games and used them here.

Café! Café! Café dame más café!

GMG still refusing to take my money. What a strange shopping site!

Has anyone played anything in this $8 fanatical bundle of VR games?

https://www.fanatical.com/en/bundle/vr-thrills-bundle

I was just about to write that :-)
I have the 2 DLC now even though I’ve never actually played the game.

This is the way!

This is the way.

Only Fantastic Contraption, which is somehow cool in concept but ends up repetitive, frustrating in some parts, and ultimately, it uses outdated VR design, as it doesn’t support for example locomotion.

damn, on the wrong side of it again, i’m playing this one instead of stacking backlog

BundleFest at Fanatical continues with the new Savage Bundle. $4.79 for Steam keys to:

• Castle Storm
  • Semblance
  • Crush Your Enemies
  • Hard West Collector’s Edition (incl. soundtrack and artbook)
  • Hard West Scars of Freedom DLC
  • Oxenfree
  • Shrouded Isle (incl. Sunken Sins DLC)
  • Verdant Skies
  • The World Next Door
  • Outbuddies DX
  • Masquerada : Songs and Shadows
  • Lornsword : Winter Chronicles

$4.79 is a good deal just on everything Hard West, but games like Oxenfree, Verdant Skies, Shrouded Isle and Lornsword make this bundle a great deal.

The Build Your Own Simulator Bundle is also live. 18 titles at 1 for $1.00, 5 for $2.99 or 10 for $4.99. Plenty to choose from including:

• Resort Boss Golf
  • Shoppe Keep 2
  • Size Matters
  • Internet Cafe Simulator
  • 911 Operator
  • Equilinox
  • Transport Inc.
  • and more…

Star Deal of the Day is Shin Megami Tensei III : Nocturne - HD Remaster for $27.49 (45%)

Binding of Isaac complete bundle is $20 on Epic, if you’re like me and don’t own any of it but have been interested. Doesn’t appear to have any of the 600+ steam achievements, which I am honestly trying to decide if it matters to me or not.

They are very useful, as every single achievement is tied to an item or game mechanics being unlocked.
The game pops an alert about stuff being unlocked, but the achievement list let you, at a glance, see what you might be missing and what your next target unlock is (arguably, this is mid to end-game matter).
I miss it very much on the Switch version.

Well, the complete bundle is $29.21 on Steam. I don’t think I could convince myself that achievements were worth an extra $9.22, but we’ll see.

More importantly: do you have 500 hours of free time to spend on the game!

Over the next five or ten years, probably!

2064 Read Only Memories is free on epic. Today only

Syberia 1 & 2 are free on Steam.

How does this game measure up in hindsight?
I remember @tomchick & @lordkosc played it a bit when it came out… Any thoughts?

I haven’t played it much since my review, so I don’t have a lot of hindsight to offer. But I’ll bet dollars to donuts it’s been mostly obsoleted by the excellent Zombie Army 4.

-Tom

Well I guess that $20 Isaac was a pricing error because it shows $30 now. No real choice between that and Steam anymore. Should have jumped on it. :P