Bargain Thread 2021

Fallen Enchantress and Sins of a Solar Empire for $1? That’s a steal. Those are great games, some of the best Stardock has ever published.

Sins of a Solar Empire for $1 is a crime with mandated minimum sentencing guidelines.

Still plays and looks great today and there hasn’t been much since that competes with it or occupies the same space.

Deep Rock Galactic, Descenders, and Dying Light have free weekends on Steam.

These are all new lowest prices AFAIK:

MachiaVillain is $2 on WinGameStore.

Circle Empires is $2.5 on GameBillet.

Cross Code is $10 on GOG and Steam.

Afghanistan '11 is $6 on Steam.

Code Vein is $14 on Gamesplanet US.

Thanks! I figure if I am going to grow my backlog to ridiculous proportions, I may as well take a few of you along for the ride as well.
One of us!

Completely agree. I’ve seen each game included at historic low prices in bundles previously, but never BOTH for one lousy buck. That is insanity. That’s easily 100+ hours of quality gaming for a dollar.

Oh, and one more deal to kick off the weekend. If you want 100+ hours of gaming for FREE, Steam is giving away Black Desert Online : Remastered all weekend long (it’s normally $19.99). Just add it to your account and it’s yours to keep forever. Note that the game is an MMORPG (albeit a solo-friendly one) and does have an in-game store that sells everything from cosmetics to account upgrades like more storage and such. It seems from reviews that most players end up spending $20-$50 on account upgrades over time to make life easier, but it is not necessary to spend additional money upfront to explore the game and see if it’s for you.

Everyone needs to Rock and Stone for free in DRG.

I know so many of these words. But this feels like a MadLibs sentence.

The Sinking City is $12 over on GMG. Steam key.

FYI developer and publisher dispute still going on.

https://www.greenmangaming.com/games/the-sinking-city-steam-pc/

This week’s Xbox sale has a bunch of Ubisoft titles for sale. Including South Park: Fractured But Whole $15, or $24 for the Gold edition with Season Pass. And also The Surge 2 is on sale for $12.49. And the Season pass for The Surge 2 is $7.49.

Anyone know if The Surge 2 had good DLC?

Get Ratchet and Clank for PS4 for free from Sony’s site. A PSN sub is not required.

https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP9000-CUSA01047_00-RATCHETPS4000000

Thanks for that. PSA: it appears you have to download the game by the end of the month for it to stick. Can that be done remotely if the PS4 is in Rest Mode?

For some reason, however, both of the passwords I have for Sony in LastPass appear to be wrong, go figure. I must have changed it on the PS4 Pro and not updated LastPass. I don’t suppose I could get it to show me my own password on the console, right?

I know I know, I can change it getting them to send me a link to my email from the website and all that but then I’ll have to sign in again on the console, grrr.

n/m all that. For some reason the password that wasn’t working on my phone worked on the computer, don’t ask me how. Maybe I inadvertently entered an extra digit when I pasted it in.

BTW, why do so many sites these days do the email/username on one page then make you click to the next to enter the password? To defeat bots, I suppose? It also defeats password managers a lot of the time.

Modern life is complicated.

BTW, the Spring Sale is happening at Fanatical. Some nice Flash Deals: Dirt 4 was at $1 yesterday and jumped to an extortionate $2 today! ;-)

100% price increase, the nerve of them!

One of those Fanatical flash deals is Icewind Dale Enhanced Edition for $3.99, which is a great price for the remastered game that includes the Heart of Winter and Trials of the Luremaster expansions. Additions to the UI, lots of bug fixes, several enhancements and additions (including restoration of some material that was cut from the original game) and a nice co-op mode all make Enhanced Edition worth a nostalgic replay.

…and for me everything you said brings up the very sad fact that there is no source code and no EE for IWD 2 : ( The only Infinity Engine game I missed back then.

Bundle of Warhammer games coming up. Free with White Dwarf magazine purchase:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2021/03/10/get-12-free-warhammer-pc-games-with-white-dwarf-462/

Includes total war, vermintide 2, space marine and a few others.

Huh, Talisman is a Warhammer game?

Stellaris for $1. DLC available at higher tiers.

Not per se, but it’s Games Workshop and has some Warhammer stuff scattered in it, including a space marine in the old Timescape expansion.

Are you saying you can play as a space marine, mowing down fantasy creatures with a lasgun? Because I would put down real money for that.

I don’t remember if it was a character class or just something you could encounter. I also don’t know if any of that stuff made it into the currently sold edition. I haven’t played anything post 2nd edition to speak of. Maybe one game of FFG’s edition. You could of course play Relic, which was full on 40K Talisman, but that’s not fantasy critters. :P