Bargain Thread 2024

New year, new thread, new bargains! Happy 2024!

Thanks to GoG this gem is on sale.

Populous is 75% off at GoG. $1.49

Man, the hours I spent on Populous when it first came out. And also Populous II.

It was ridiculously satisfying editing the terrain to get castles to appear.

Happy New Year QT3!

Fanatical’s Winter Sale enters the encore phase today.

• Star Deal is Zombie Army Trilogy for $4.04 (91%)
  • Starfield is $45.49 for standard, $69.99 for Premium.
  • That fantastic Prestige Collection Build Your Own Bundle is still live as well, $14.99 for two titles, with additional discount the more you buy. Great titles to choose from including Death Stranding Director’s Cut, Control Ultimate Edition, Ghostwire Tokyo, Disco Elysium Final Cut, Greedfall, Fallout 76 : The Pitt Deluxe, and many more.
  • For The King II is a historic low $19.88 (20%)
  • As Far As The Eye is a historic low $4.99 (80%)

Escape Academy is the FREE game of the day over at the Epic Games Store today.

Thread watched! Thanks for creating it, @lordkosc !

For anyone who hasn’t played them the Nazi Zombie Army* games are pretty fun, at least the first one was, especially co-op. I played some of the latest one (4) and feel they went a bit too far with the “wackiness” for my taste.

*The original name. Some claim that the graphics in the trilogy for the first two games suffered a downgrade vs the standalone games.

Hidden in Plain Sight is on switch for $3.00 and back on Xbox one $5.00
Such a great fun game!

Has anyone mentioned Populous?

antonio-banderas-dissatisfied

Populous II is also $1.49.

I assume these are the PC versions? The Amiga releases were the best of the first two Populous games.

Ten posts in for the year and seven posts have been about Populous.

Never change, QT3.

Yeah, GOG has the PC version. I already owned both from the last time they put them on sale!

Disco Elysium on sale for Xbox at $11.99 - lowest it’s been.

I still haven’t played this - it’s currently $9.99 on both Steam and GOG… anyone try the Xbox version?

It’s text heavy, so you’d want to be sure that works ok from the proverbial comfy sofa. Gamepad will be fine for gameplay.

In case anyone was curious and never played it back when it came out, Stranglehold, the Max Payne-like video game sequel to Hard Boiled, with Chow Yun-fat even, is going for $1.99 on GOG for one last day. I’ve always been curious about it–should I possibly waste two bucks?

Buying a game for the backlog is never a waste!

Well, two bucks is a minimal waste, admittedly, but I was wondering if anyone here had fond or not-so-fond memories of playing it.

Just a heads up that A Plaque Tale-Innocence is free on Epic today. Well worth a try, in my opinion.

Thanks for the heads up. I got it at that price last night. Now it’s available for me to play in 2026 when I get to it! It’s in the queue!

Fanatical has dropped a new Platinum Collection Build-Your-Own Bundle. $9.99 for 3 titles, $14.99 for 5, or $19.99 for 7.
Titles offered include some decent stuff such as:

• King’s Bounty II : Duke’s Edition (contains everything)
  • Sniper Elite 4 : Digital Deluxe Edition
  • Evil Genius 2 : World Domination
  • Mud Runner : American Wilds Edition
  • In Other Waters
  • Iron Harvest
  • Dice Legacy
  • Wolfenstein II : The New Colossus
  • Between the Stars
  • Homestead Arcana
  • and more.

Not bad for $3.33 or less per game.

The Epic Games Store freebie today is Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy.