Bargain Thread 2024

Driftland is free (requires newsletter signup) on Fanatical for the next week. QT3 thread is here.

PSA: Is There Any Deal has a new site design. I’m finding it annoying and slow and fiddly, often have to reload it to avoid “oops…” errors in the interaction popups, many games show “no price found” despite still being sold on Steam and elsewhere, and the transition seems to have lost many of my waitlist prices and created/revealed some duplicate entries with doubled names that aren’t linked to anything for others. The old version also had some ongoing issues (missing site links and prices, redundant site entries for renamed games or multiple editions), which don’t appear to be fixed.

The new ITAD workflow is supposed to be devising notification “rules” and assigning them to your waitlisted games. To set an individual specific wanted price you now have to: click the details link on your waitlist (it doesn’t appear on individual game pages), edit assigned rules, remove default, edit rule for this game. Very clunky.

Features now missing include: the RSS feed for waitlist notifications, the search URL
you could set a browser keyword for, and the prices in Augmented Steam (until the browser vendors accept publication of the new AS version, Chrome extension should be out already).

My fallback is a filter on GG.deals showing new historical lows in the past 24h which I’ll see daily.