Baseball Playoffs

YAY! GO RED SOX! ORTIZ 2 RUN HOMER! Two more teams to plow through and the dream is real Bosox fans!

BTW, Arroyo looked hot tonight (even with the cornrolls!), and combine that with Pedro and Schilling… the Red Sox are to fear!

The Red Sox are such a likable team. Lovable personalities. Free spirits… unlike the robotic LaRussa Yankee puppets.

Count me on the Red Sox bandwagon!

etc

I believe you mean Torre Yankee puppets, right?

Anyway, go Sawks!

Are we counting Pe-dro in this group, too?

Are we counting Pe-dro in this group, too?[/quote]

Yeah Pedro can be included as well. He’s such a dedicated professional. During the game he was letting it all hang out!

etc

No I mean LaRussa’s Card Yankee like faux professionalism when he has two pitchers putting stuff on there balls, and one guy giving him the middle finger.

The Cardinals are fake!

Isn’t Edmonds a dreamboat? GAH!

etc

So it’s the top of the 9th, the Yanks and Twins are tied 5-5 in what could be a series clincher, the Yanks have men on 1st and 2nd, and Fox … cuts away to the STL/LA pre-game show.

ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME? I just spent 4 hours watching this game, and you’re not going to show me how it ends? What a goddamned joke.

The story here is that Fox cut away only in the local StL and LA markets, but it’s still bullshit. Join the game in progress. Show both games splitscreen. Let the local markets carry the game as well if that’s what you’re worried about, or at least let ESPN or or one of the Fox-owned cable outlets show the end of the game. But the fact that I have nowhere to watch the end of this game – and with virtually no warning, no less – is absolutely fricking ridiculous.

They’re in extra innings now, and instead of watching that, I’m watching the first few pitches of a game in a series that’s 2-0. Give me a break.

Sluggo, the announcers said you could still view the Twins/Yankees game on FX or something or other. That was a great game.

Are we counting Pe-dro in this group, too?[/quote]

Yeah Pedro can be included as well. He’s such a dedicated professional. During the game he was letting it all hang out!

etc[/quote]

I guess you never paid attention to his post-game comments or old men being thrown down, in that case. Nevermind.

Maybe I missed it. I went scrambling through all my channels hoping to find the game on another channel, with no luck. Fox Sports West and the other affiliates were all running college football games. If that was really the case, they should have repeated that it was on FX several times.

I’m sorry, I do remember it being said at least twice to my knowledge. Not within 5 minutes of each announcement, though. I think in the 8th inning and again in the 9th?

Were you watching Dodgers/Cards or Yanks/Twins when they made the announcement? It’s possible they said it a few times and I missed it, but I was IMing a friend of mine here in So Cal who was equally frustrated; he didn’t hear any announcements, either.

Yankees/Twins. They were warning those in the LA/St. Louis markets that they’d be switched over in time for their local team game.

ah – do you mean they made the announcement before the switch? I might have missed that. Once they moved to the Dodgers game, I didn’t hear them say anything.

My opinion is that if you’re going to make a switch like this, you really need to hammer it home to your audience. They eventually brought up a splitscreen in the Dodgers broadcast, but only in the 11th for a few random ABs. We missed the A-Rod double, but saw him steal 3rd and score on the wild pitch, and then cut away for most of the Twins 11th, only going back to splitscreen for the final out. Not once did I hear them mention the game could be seen anywhere else – it just seemed like it wasn’t handled very well.

I know there are a lot of Bob Costas haters around, but I miss NBC doing baseball.

On another note – if the Astros win tomorrow, they could be a force to be reckoned with. They’ll have won 20 games in a row at home, and could parlay that into a very competitive NLCS.

Bring on Yankees / Red Sox!
(somewhere in the background, the music from Rocky is playing, and a banner that says “SUPERFIGHT II” lowers from the rafters.)

Yep, before the switch. Like I said, in the 8th and 9th innings.