Batman: Arkham Knight

Next game is happening. This I am guessing is a sequel to Arkham Origins.

https://www.gamewatcher.com/news/batman-arkham-origins-2-voice-actor

I should finish Arkham Knight one of these days. As much as I liked it, the car combat did get a bit repetitive. That’s the last thing I remember doing before I wandered off to other games.

I still haven’t played through Arkham City, even though I’ve had it for years. I think Arkham Knight is on Gamepass and I am tempted to play it but seems everyone had an issue with car combat and I have a serious aversion to any kind of vehicles thrown into mostly non-vehicle based games.

I don’t know why developers do that. Who thought the Mako in ME was fun or even necessary? Maybe Forza should have a level where you can step out of your car and jog run around the track. Maybe pull another driver out GTA-style and take his ride. I know, not remotely the same thing, but still.

That would be me! I also enjoyed the driving (and associated blowing up of things) in Arkham Knight.

Mako was great in ME.

I enjoyed the car combat in Arkham Knight. It’s downside is that it can’t be woven in as much with the story telling. Every other part of the game has a rhythm to the story-beat, combat, story-beat, detective work, combat, combat, story-beat, where they always keep things different and keep things compelling, and you keep coming back. But when you’re in a car combat situation, at least for me, it started lasting a little too long, which causes me not to want to load up the game the next day. Where was I in Arkham Knight? Oh right, I was in that one area where I have to kill a lot of cars. You know what, I’ll do that later, let me fire up some Rise of the Tomb Raider right now. I’ll get back to Arkham tomorrow.

I re-installed Arkham Knight and the Xbox automatically synced up my cloud save. It turns out I’d left off in a really complicated room with lots of enemies. It’s a sneaking type level, not a brawling type level. And the enemies have a device that can pinpoint my location! Holy shit, I don’t remember this. I’m so rusty at sneaking around, I got my ass kicked really quickly.

Playing the PC version yesterday after a hiatus-- I ran into what seems like a bug (I’m shocked, SHOCKED!!): I was in a movie studio of some kind and having to dispatch a bunch of mooks before dealing with one of the proto-Jokers, but by the looks of it one of the minor henchmen teleported very far away from the others (the detective mode blip was super-tiny) and I didn’t think I could even reach him.
I did a search for Arkham Knight teleporting henchman but couldn’t find anything.

Hhmm this situation in the same area of that game sounds vaguely familiar to me. I can’t remember exactly because it was a few years ago now, but I think I was stuck in the same area for a while and thought it was bugged. But it turns out I had to approach something or talk to someone, it just wasn’t super obvious.

Sorry I’m not being of more help, but reading your post triggered a “Hey that sounds familiar” thought in my head

Really? Maybe I should consult a walkthrough then, because I have no idea what to do. I try to go into the room with the lady proto-Joker and Batman says “No, it’s too dangerous, I should clear the room first” or something to that effect.

I fired this up to show off my graphics card and after an hour I had a repulsive feeling about playing another Arkham game, just like I thought years ago. I think they’d have to reboot the series for me to try it again.

It’s a puzzle without a clear solution, not a bug. Seems like I recall it being somewhat teasing about a standard takedown but it’s actually a gadget solution.

I dunno man, I watched a YouTube video of the “sound stage B” part and it didn’t happen there, so I fired up the game again and the problem didn’t happen this time (the game started me back at the previous checkpoint). Pretty sure it was a bug.

EDIT: To clarify, I completed that part of the main story successfully and just kept track of the two regular SMG guys and the two mini-gunners before one of the SMG guys could disappear on me.

This is the part I was referring to, starting at the 4m30s mark till you capture Christina Bell:

BTW, in one of the Two-Face bank robbery missions, I also ran into the “inaccessible baddie” bug. The first part is the “go loud” part and that was fine, but then it transitioned to the quiet part and I started taking out dudes silently only to discover that the last two were stationary, stuck just outside the playable area, chatting on the comms with one another on opposite ends of the map. Had to start the mission over, and this time I confirmed that all of them were accessible in that part.

BTW, in that Catwoman DLC where you steal all of Riddler’s money, did anyone here ever manage to beat the robots in that last fight where the floor becomes ever more electrified as the fight goes on? It’s impossibly unfair.

It’s been a while but I’m pretty sure I beat that Catwoman fight. Did take quite a few attempts though.

Ugh, I tried a whole mess of times. on top of the floor tile situation you have lasers that move around. One strategy I read about is to not use “takedown” moves because they take too much time, and plus then the extra damage due to a high combo goes away. So you have to just keep your combo up as much as possible so you’re doing as much damage with every hit (and supposedly it only takes two high damage hits to take out a bot). I tried that a couple of times and still no dice.

I did, and I do recall it being harder than I preferred. But I did it. :P

Even screenshotted it back in the day… :)

In hindsight , none of the Riddler stuff was fun for me.

Maybe it’s just my old-man hands/reflexes, then (turning 60 in the spring). I rarely build up combos of more than 25 or so in these games.

It doesn’t help that The Riddler is the most annoying Batman villain EVAR. The Joker (and the amazing VA by Hammill) is at least fun.

Same problem for me at 56, I can get high 20s or low 30s and then will blow it. When these games were new and popular, I’d see Qt3 posters comparing combo scores and half-suspected the #s were ego inflated for bragging rights, but then as Youtube became more prevalent, at least to me, I’d watch videos and sit back and think, “OK, it’s just my aged reflexes.”

I tracked down all the riddler stuff in Arkham Asylum, because there was a reasonable amount. When I saw the sheer amount of riddler stuff in Arkham City, I noped right out even dreaming of completing those.