Batman gets new duds in Arkham Knight

Title Batman gets new duds in Arkham Knight
Author Nick Diamon
Posted in News
When December 3, 2020

Rocksteady Games has released two in-game costume skins for Batman: Arkham Knight. Yes, the 2015 game has just been updated for free. The update adds Zur-En-Arrh Batman and Anime Batman for all players..

Read the full article

Wha?! Looks like he ran out of clothes and had to raid Robin’s closet.

That is the worst suit I have ever seen. Ever.

I don’t know who Zur-En-Arr is, but Batman looks way less broody and emo now. Maybe now he can make friends and stop living in the past.

I’m glad I’m not the only one. That’s hideous.

I agree. Game recognize game.

I google’d the comic… it looks better in there.

They should’ve went with this guy from the same issue.

The Zur En Arrh Batman got used again in Grant Morrison’s Batman run in the late 2000’s. It was some kind of mental failsafe Batman had created to save himself if he was ever brainwashed and forgot who he was.

That was a weird, convoluted, run on Batman that I absolutely could not in any way summarize or remember now, but it all felt pretty awesome when I was reading it.

Batman’s Arkham Knight suit is the best batsuit.

So that’s what you’re wearing, Bruce?

-Tom

So does Tim Drake get a sick parody of Batman’s outfit?

This was from the Batman R.I.P. run. This is what got me into comics as an adult. Grant Morrison’s work was a good way to send the character off before the New 52 threw everything away. I loved the way Morrison weaved all the dumb, incongruous things from the character’s past into something meaningful. Including Bat-Mite and Zur-En-Arrh.

He also gave us Bat-Cow, which has unfortunately not made its way into a game thus far.

Perfect.

Bat-Cow better show up in Gotham Knights!