Battle Brothers Hits Early Access

New consumables (potions, drugs and paints) on the way: http://battlebrothersgame.com/dev-blog-108-consumables

So glad Overhype has decided to continue adding content to BB. Such a solid foundation to build upon.

Ohhh love the paints idea!

According to PC Gamer the release date is November 29

Product Page:

This FAQ page from their site regarding the DLC may also be of interest:

http://battlebrothersgame.com/battle-brothers-faq/

I keep considering to go back to play more, but what killed my interest was that there’s so little stuff for managing the mercenary company. Having just read the first book in the Black Company series also reinforced this for me.

From the FAQ:

HOW ABOUT OWNING A BASE, LIKE A CASTLE?
This would run counter to the concept of a roaming mercenary company. We understand that some people would love to manage a village or castle, and there’s no doubt that this could make for an interesting game experience in a game of its own. However, it’s not what Battle Brothers is about. We recommend Mount & Blade Warband if that is the kind of experience you’re looking for.

Sure, I agree that having a permanent base runs a bit counter to the roaming mercenary company, but surely there is a space between a permanent base and having a screen with the company camp and different functions: Skills of the company commander, an annalist, quartermaster, and so on. So while I like most of the gameplay such at it is, I wish there were more than equipment busywork and bare-bone ambitions to do while roaming around.

Developer playing the new DLC: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rdAM-f50TDM

He started a new game and admits that much of the new content (particularly the Legendary stuff) is late-game content but there’s still quite a bit new in this episode, such as new weapons and traits and some QoL improvements.

9 more days. Wish it were out today!

Still no maps with buildings, fences, creeks, bridges, etc. (And I don’t mean going inside buildings.)

Nice overview of the upcoming changes.

http://battlebrothersgame.com/dev-blog-112-almost-there/

I didn’t know about most of this stuff, they are adding so much content it’s kind of crazy. Over 50 new events, dozens of new traits, new enemies to face, new weapons, armor, crafting system, holy crap. It all looks just amazing. Legendary Locations look amazing. I just ran accross the dev gameplay video @GuildBoss linked above so I’m going to watch that.

I’m in a good place to get into this, because the last time I played it was when it just got out of early access and I wrapped up that campaign’s end game crisis (Undead, iirc) and haven’t played it since. I think there has been a lot added to the game since then, let alone all the stuff in this DLC.

We’re eagerly awaiting this!

What made the devs change their mind on post-release development? I thought I recalled back around release, they said they were moving off of the project.

This: $$$$$.

Haha. But did they not realize there was a market for DLC, or was it something they weren’t interested in doing but came back in order to pay the bills?

I believe it was the former. There was quite a bit off demand expressed by players…I believe even in this thread.

I just listened to an interview one of the devs did last week and they said they’d been working on the game for 5 years non-stop and were just totally burned out on it. After a year off from it they got their mojo and inspiration back and now they’re enthusiastic about working on it again.

The new DLC was originally just going to be a small update but they were enjoying working on it so much it kept snowballing and became a big DLC. He said if it sells well enough they’d like to do even more with the game. They have a lot more stuff they’d like to add.

Like combat inside of buildings I believe.

I do wish that the DLC is like $20 bucks so that they can be rewarded and the fan base also show that it is profitable to grow a franchise.

Edit: The dev said $9.99 or it’s local equivalent. This is a day one DLC for most I would think.

I might have to get the supporter edition just for the extra standard and painted shields. This is sweet:

Me too. I just wish the other supporter edition wasn’t so expensive as I’d really like the fangshire helm. Though if they price that too high I may not be able to afford that either.

Also - just 1 more day!