Battle Brothers Hits Early Access

I think this game is totally my type, but I haven’t had the chance to try it. Maybe when the new dlc is out.

I think you’ll like it. Just be prepared for rage when your best dude loses his head on a bad roll.

This game is great but you must be prepared: your little dudes are going to die. Horribly. Unfairly. Unexpectedly. Untimely. More so than any other game I’ve played, this is a game of soldiering on while filling up the memorial wall.

I couldn’t figure out how to keep the band running economically. I think the “easy” mode just adjusts the starting conditions, and does not make the actual game any easier. Meh.

They have patched the difficulties to separately affect

1. Starting Funds
  2. Economy
  3. Combat Difficulty

So the players are able to have more control over the difficulty now.

Okay thanks.

It doesn’t seem like it was all the way back in February that I tried Battle Brothers. I may pick up the DLC at some point and give it try #2. Looking back at my comments it looks like it was mostly not being able to see the stats of the enemies in game what my biggest complaint. Not sure if I’d want to use the wiki or not. The battle system is very good though.

Buy this DLC I shall. Play it I will.

And I will enjoy it until suddenly I do not.

The game is 40% off on Steam.

Even though it competes with Darkest Dungeon as my most installed/uninstalled game I highly recommend it (until I don’t.)

This mirrors my experience, except I haven’t uninstalled it yet.

I’m getting a bit tired of space tyrant so I shall probably play this or battle tech now.

Both easy enough to play in half hr sessions, which is the single most important criteria for me right now.

I’ve had this installed on my computer for quite a long time now. I’ve never really gotten into it though because it was just too damned hard. I guess I have to think of it more as a roguelike where the goal is not to win but to get as far as possible. If the DLC is cheap enough then I’ll probably pick it up as it sounds like it adds quite a lot to the game. Can we start up another BB thread like was going before where everyone had the same seed? That was pretty cool.

Don’t be afraid to play on the easy settings for your first full game. I did and I managed to beat the game, and I had a blast doing so. Fun beats frustration any day, and it wasn’t like it was actually “easy” for me, the challenge was there and I really enjoyed myself.

There is a free update regardless of whether you buy the DLC.

Some things of note:

• Added ability to pay for a tryout and uncover a potential recruit’s traits before hiring them. Yes! It didn’t make sense to me that you were aware of the eunuch’s snapped carrot yet could not tell that a guy had a club foot…

• Added button to end the current round and have all your men skip their turns until the next round starts.

• Added ability to give potions, strange mushrooms and antidote to other characters in battle without having to drop them on the ground first.

• Added ‘Free Ally’ skill to free adjacent allies from nets, webs and vines.

The biggest problem that I have with this game is that I am too aggressive and bite off more than I can chew. So I play on easy and then I get even more cocky. So my frustration is more with myself than with the developer.

All in all, I think the DLC will make the game more challenging but there are a lot of cool new ways to inflict pain on the manxome foe.

I know what I’m playing tonight. Have had a urge to bring this back out but have been putting it off until the DLC.

$9.99 American.

Downloading.

I like @Canuck’s idea of another thread with folks posting their AARs using the same map seed. At least I know that my AAR will be short ;-)

Is it just me or is the regular DLC and the Supporter Edition DLC the same price?

Oh I get it now. the Kraken DLC isn’t the regular DLC plus the Kraken banner, it is literally just the Kraken banner.

One downside, the 1.2.0.17 update to Battle Brothers invalidates map seeds because of its larger world.

I got this up and running at lunch and was able to wrap up the first battle, recruit some guys (I’m very happy with the Try Out button, though it’s a bit of a money sink I’d rather spend 35g and find out a guy is a craven or a drunkard than after I spend 160 gold recruiting him). I need to review my 9 men a bit carefully, and I’m sure I over spent as I’m down to 350gp but that’s still 7 days and I picked up some food and tools and decent gear for everyone. I’m off to take down The Weasel so we’ll see how that goes, and from there, the world!

What settings are you all using for your first game? I’m feeling like going all easy lol. I’m very afraid of how those witches are gonna turn out.

I’m going easy with exception of the Veteran setting for the economy. Because I’m a

fraidy%20cat