Battle ready swords

I love this one.

Yeah, The Leakbringer had me in tears. I wish I could make that my title on the forums.

I see what you did there…

Is that so… You know we just might know someone who could do that.

Do you mean @tomchick perhaps?

Why indeed I do!

Yes you certainly showed some skill! Milkcleaver? I don’t think mine is long or durable enough for such a display. Or will be you know, since I don’t have it yet.

I recently picked up a new TV for my office to use with my PS4, and while it’s an amazing TV, I really honestly almost picked up a new sword, just as I predicted - I just knew one wouldn’t be enough (well, I have two now, but the first one is a low quality sword I got as a gift in high school - it’s awesome, but nothing you’d want to swing at something. I am referring to the high quality stuff that is out there now, the hand forged and the machine made to perfection - that shit’s awesome to me). I know me pretty well. The next time I have that kind of money, I want an Albion Steel blade. Seeing @Enidigm blade has me thinking about it all over again. You bastard. :)

Gorgeous leaf shape. Real sexy.

I genuinely think there’s no better demonstration of sexism in our society than the fact that we talk about cat ladies but not sword guys (and I do not mean to disparage either). This is despite the fact that the transition into the sword-guy lifestyle is swifter: A woman has to have, let’s say, more than three cats before her cat ownership becomes a lifestyle statement and people deem her a “cat lady.” But if a guy just mounts a single katana on his wall he is saying, “That’s it, this is me now.” Yet we never talk about sword guys?

I used to think this was because sword guys only exist on the Coasts, and in Middle America “sword guys” are “gun guys.” But my sword-guy stand-up material went over really well in Arizona this year, and many of the sword guys I’ve hooked up with have been transplants who took their swords with them on their journey to either Coast. Plus, sword-demo YouTube videos seem to be filmed all over the country and the sword subreddit seems popular throughout the globe. Sword guys are a real class of people — we just aren’t talking about them. We believe cat ladies have “given up,” but a guy whose bedroom is littered with weapons is still super-inviting. Trust me, because I apparently find them super-inviting.

You can’t just spot a sword guy on the street (unless you’re me), because sword guys don’t have that many unifying characteristics. Unlike “gun guys,” sword guys don’t seem to have any political beliefs in common, unless “swords are cool and I like slicing through plastic bottles” is a political belief. You might assume all sword guys are nerds, but this isn’t true. They might be nerds, they might be jocks, they may even be a hybrid of the two.

I have found my political party.

A party platform I can really get behind.

It’s not everyday you finda 1500 year old sword.

Kill Bill 3, please…

That’s…pretty bad-ass.