Battlefield 1 - DICE, gas attacks, biplanes, cavalry, bayonet charges

I had fun running through the first war story in EA Access. Probably won’t pick this up until it’s cheaper later on though.

And bought.

That’s pretty much the typical experience on Argonne. I think you’ll find the other maps are way more manageable.

-Tom

For people that want both BF1 and Civ 6, if you buy Civ 6 at regular price you get a 20% off coupon that can apply to the sale price of BF1, so Civ 6 for $60 and BF1 for $37.

I really like BF1 but not enough to spend money. The maps are brilliant and the game looks gorgeous. Gameplay is smooth. But yea, I suck at it and just don’t have the time to commit to it. Probably in 6 months on a discount or some such.

Yeah, on a desert village map fighting the Turks it was a lot “cleaner,” though my favorite might be the French village maps. The Argonne is quite rightly claustrophobic and scary.

Unlocked the 1903 experimental for the scout, its glorious. Turns him into a mini assault class. Hit rank 30 last night, the forest map is my favorite non-vehicle map.

Remember to drop ammo if you are support, everyone needs ammo!

Also you can spend your war bonds outside of the game in the web browser, its a bit more relaxing to unlock stuff, than when the game is bugging you to join now.

https://www.battlefield.com/companion

Here are my current loadouts:

Server prices announced.

[quote]
PC
1 day: $2.99
7 days: $11.99
30 days: $42.99
90 days: $99.99
180 days: $149.99

PLAYSTATION® 4 / XBOX ONE
1 day: $1.99
7 days: $7.99
30 days: $26.99
90 days: $64.99
180 days: $99.99[/quote]

Can you have private servers that allow you to rank up?

If so, someone start the Qt3 GoFundMe for a server for a few months!

I’m weak. My new headphones came in from Amazon last night and I was watching some BF1 and I just know it’s going to sound amazing. So 23% off at GMG and my pre-order is in. I’ll be joining in with the rest of the unwashed masses on release day. Shellfishguy on Origin!

I will say that if you’re able to fire up Battlefield 4 and play for an hour or so, then immediately go to Battlefield 1, the differences are significant. And I’m not just talking about the fact that everyone still playing BF4 knows the maps inside and out and only the hardest of the hardcore are left. BF1 really does feel like the start of a different series entirely, or the culmination of everything DICE has learned over the years, including lessons from Battlefront.

For the people that played beta and release, did they tweak Support/Medic in any way? I heard Medic in particular was pretty bad in the beta.

Yes. They changed the mechanics of the medic greatly.

“Needs Revive” icons have returned.

They walked back whatever weird changes they had implemented to medic, and changed the revive mechanics back to the normal way.

I know they never will, but I wish they would implement trackir support in this series at some point

[quote=“Telefrog, post:268, topic:120134, full:true”]
Server prices announced.

Why the pc is 50% more expensive? Both are for 64 players right?

Because screw PC, I guess. Maybe there is more overhead due to the security required?

I thought it was funny too because from what I can tell the server rental costs for Battlefield 4 were the same on all the platforms when they rolled the feature out.

You can host your own server, though, right? (PC)

Nope.

BF1 Stats

Currently online playersPC: 52,353 (24h peak: 60,172)
XBOXONE: 98,092 (24h peak: 124,684)
PS4: 91,591 (24h peak: 94,229)Total: 242,036

Well that sucks. Wait… wasn’t there a big uproar about that a few BF titles back? I guess we lost that battle for good.

Yes. That battle was lost hard.