Battlefield 2: Ok, so whats the big deal?

I think the AT’s unlockable weapon is just a better AT weapon. But there are AA missile sites near most of the flag points.

Speaking of destructible environments, isn’t that what was so notable about Criterion’s E3 demos of the FPS game called Black that has some journalists going ga-ga? Or is that just a hot air graphical effect at this point?

-Kitsune

Operation Flashpoint had some destructible buildings, but I believe most were not. And except for the dense forests, you could knock over trees with tanks.

I’m of the opinion that Battlefield 2 is the most accurate game title yet seen by mankind. It allows me to completely wipe from memory any and all association of the series with the horrible Battlefield: Vietnam. Other than that, it seems to be more of the same of 1942 with shiner graphics. I wonder if that will become a trend in game development? What glorious oracle could ever prise that nugget of future possibility from the mysterious depths of time? Oh, right. Everyone.

Maybe I’m being a bit too harsh. Right, I know I’m being a bit too harsh, but it’s more fun this way. Battlefield 2 actually has a great feel to the interface of moving your character around on foot, which is new to the series and a welcome addition. The commander is great when the commander is, well, great. When he’s up one rung higher than a fruit fly on the genetic ladder of strategic intelligence it’s a whole different ball game. Or war game. Whatever.

The same goes for squads and team tactics. The worst thing about games such as these is that the potential for enjoyment is entirely dependent upon the other people playing, who are anything but reliable. Still, when it works it works exceedingly well and when it doesn’t, it just makes you thankful that at least it’s not on Xbox Live. Even with native support for voice chat, the PC tends to attract less…um…yeah. You get the idea.

Moe