There’s been a lot of negativity for some time and it has been frustrating as someone who actually enjoys the core gameplay. I do think however that the messaging and recent updates from Dice has been abysmal. That last update… woof.
Anyways here’s my list of prioritized items that I’d like to see as opposed to a lot of the hot takes that are more “throw everything out and start over”:
- Fix crashes (this has been happening more frequently)
- Fix performance issues (mostly PC/XS)
- Fix PS4/X1 latency
- Fix disappearing characters / vehicles
- Fix lock on issues
- Let players actually hear Boltes/Choppers coming a mile away so they aren’t silent but deadly.
- Let players know how many players are waiting in a lobby and how many are required to start a game.
- Let game lobbies carry over from one match to the next so there’s no re-matchmaking.
- Add squad voice chat (Squad leaders chat would be cool too)
- Let players earn more points:
- Following Squad commands credits
- SOFLAM credits
- Vehicle damage credits
- Assists count as kills
- Let players spawn on team vehicles at start of match.
- Balancing fixes
That should be top priority IMO. After that we can discuss further balancing classes like potentially not allowing all characters have all items. I would love to see more maps. I personally don’t have a huge problem with the open spaces as there are usually “paths” that infantry can take from one objective to the next without being completely out in the open.
As for bringing players back? I would say first fix all the glaring issues above. THEN have a major season update with new maps, weapons, and characters. Have infantry only maps. Have some radar off modes. I would drastically change or remove the end of game quips (I hate them so much). Let the final screen reflect more than just one dumb data point for each squad mate and show more meaningful data.