Battlefield V - WW2, cosmetic loot, DICE

BF5 now part of Origin Access Basic, not even a year after release.

https://www.origin.com/gbr/en-us/store/battlefield/battlefield-v

Yeah, I noticed an ad on my Xbox dashboard yesterday that this is part of EA Access now. If it wasn’t for Game Pass, I’d be tempted. As it is, I have way too many games I have installed from Game Pass right now anyway.

Ok so the new Outpost Mode is pretty damn fun!

It’s a fun mode especially if squads actually defend a point as opposed to the turnstile run around that occurs a lot.

Yup, I love it. I think a big problem with BFV is squads just running from A to B to C to rapidly get points without anybody doing any defending, rendering a lot of the buildable defenses and the support class skills useless. More defense/attack modes is a plus IMHO.
I wish they had some more tanks though. make it DLC, I dont care. I need a panther, a T34, a king tiger. This feels half finished.

It seems to be gone, it was a mode that was only going to be around for 2 weeks. :(

I missed it? :(

Damn.

32 gb update dropped sometime in the last 24 hrs. And now another 10 gb!

Roadmap till end of year:

The new map taken from single player , looks good!

Me an my squad mates tried to play the new map today but all the servers with it were full because… i dunno, nobody expected people to be keen to play brand new maps :( At least the new tides of war gun looks good (they had at me at ‘banned by the geneva convention’).

Yeah I hope to give it a go tonight , I have really been enjoying the game again. Not sure what changed, maybe because I just stopped caring about my k/d ratio and just play for fun and lulz.

I’ve been playing a bit this weekend, and I can’t decide if I just need to get my sea legs, or if I’m too old for these games now. If I wasn’t getting killed by a sniper, it was plane strafing and dropping bombs.

I was also getting low fps warnings from the game which surprised me, as I was playing without the dxr and dlss settings enabled.

Edit: I think part of the problem was my mouse dpi was set way too high for an fps. It went a bit better after fixing that.

Damn, all the new maps from here to the end of the year are close quarter infantry only, which is the exact opposite of what differentiates the BF series. Do we really need another no-skill Metro slaughter fest? I hated that map.

Give me more open maps. Panzerstorm was wonderful. Give me more Panzerstorm.

Yeah, I really don’t understand DICE’s approach to this series. Battlefield is what it is because of 32-64 player big map battles with lots of vehicles in addition to infantry. It should be huge and rather emergent in gameplay because of that. They seem to have totally lost the plot when the tech should be there to make it even bigger and better and cooler.

Someone on another forum I read was talking about Frontlines: Fuel of War a couple weeks ago. I really wish those guys were still around to make another game with that design. sigh

I wouldn’t mind seeing a modern remake of Novalogic’s Joint Operations game. That map felt huge when it came out 15 years ago.

There is Firestorm mode with the biggest Battlefield map ever! ;)

Holy cow that was a cool game that came out of nowhere. Don’t you get nuked and invade Moscow in that one?

That was great, and my first introduction to battle royal. But it’s kinda not Battlefield at core. I super appreciated it, it was novel. It’s too intense for this old man though.

Yep. There’s a mission where you have to button up your tank in a pitched tank battle across an irradiated battlefield and I believe it all ends in an assault on the Russian capital.

I loved it and the multiplayer was excellent because of the focused Frontlines mechanic that forced players to focus on point capture.

Yeah DICE totally ripped that mechanic for Operations, Frontlines, etc. modes, much to our benefit.

Apparently the new patch has done a good job with the invisible soldier problem, but now there appears to be an invisible tank.