Battlefield V - WW2, cosmetic loot, DICE

Has anyone done a first person shooter based on the Korean War yet? I can’t recall one right now.

Trailer is out. I feel it’s a worse one than the BF1 trailer, though.

Some of the confirmed stuff is solid though like

• no more season pass, everyone has all maps / core content
  • extensive “company” and squad cosmetic customizations
  • every soldier has a “repair kit” and can build fortifications on the battlefield like anti-tank barriers, machine gun nests, etc

She has a robot arm so whats with the setting? its an alternate reality ww2 I take it? I am none the wiser after the trailer.

I watched the reveal on Youtube, (with Trevor Noah?), and thought the trailer seemed very busy. Like, “let’s just throw stuff at the screen for four minutes and they’re bound to like something” levels of busy.

And man did Tevor Noah just stink up the joint, as predicted. I cannot warm up to him as a host for anything.

I dont find him engaging either to be honest. But he is good looking with a sexy accent , which I guess = appeal.

I am hoping an alternate reality. :)

Who am I kidding about not getting this day 1. DAY 1.

Robot arm woman rules!

Battle in Northern Norway? Count me in.

Oh wow. That trailer really triggered some gamers. I’m seeing lots of “Woman in combat impossible!” and “Looks like Fortnite!” comments.

I looked at the chat of the livestream for 3 seconds before closing it because of those comments. I did laugh though, you are playing a fantasy game where you are an immortal who shoots people then magically comes to life straight after, but a WOMAN??? in combat? Thats where they draw the line :)

That sounds like a good idea. In BF4 I always wished I could do a little bit of engineering so that it was just the same map every time.

Ummm… I’m pretty sure only robot arm men were bunnyhopping around with sniper rifles in WW2.

Looked very chaotic, but that makes sense, war is probably even more chaotic than this. What don’t make much sense is airplanes flyiing below trees height. Well… about that… … yea, they are aiming at some sort of cartoony realism. … and thats ok, IF they really embrace it on everything, from character design to weapons.

I heard you can play has women in the nazi faction

Based on what I’m seeing in the comments for this reveal, I’m definitely going with a black female soldier with two or more prosthetic limbs just to make people angry.

That would make me so happy

Adding building to a BF game can be interesting. Destruction is awesome, but building some nest to snipe or reforcing a position can be interesting. Also tanks + destruction are op as hell, giving infantry some tools is good.

Clearly it’s a Horizon: Zero Dawn crossover.

After I came up with this joke in my head, I had to do a double-take to make sure that wasn’t Kratos.

Here’s my favorite BF3 trailer if anyone needs to look at a good trailer.

Maybe they were shooting for more of a Battlefield Bad Company “crazy misfit squadron” feel? I dunno, I absolutely welcome the customization options (long overdue, IMO) but that trailer was just a mish-mash of nonsense.

Thats actually interesting. I would play another Bad Company.