Battlestar Galactica 14: Questionable Motives

Cards sent, board… unable at the moment. But I imagine you know what your best option is.

I’ll use my OPG. Doesn’t sem like anyone have indicated they have a better option.

It was a desperate move. One that, if it failed, would leave them unable to respond, doomed to extinction. But the rewards were…

Tom Zarek made the call to his old friends, to see what kind of mischief they had at their disposal. Word came back, several options lay before Tom.

While contemplating his decision he heard a scratching at the door. A metallic rasp that grew in intensity. Time was running short…

But the answers were. It to be found. Cursing his erstwhile allies distractions with food and spacecraft he turned to the door to scowl, in absence of the firepower he really sought.

The card you are looking for is not to be found in Mutiny. It has already been drawn, and discarded, earlier. Instead the next crisis is a Cylon fleet. Your doom is complete.

I thought we would have cycled around with my draw of 4 since they go to the bottom :/

Congratulations and well played Team Cylons! I feel like we didn’t really have a chance, but that does not mean you didn’t perform extremely well in killing the rest of us.

I did make some mistakes during the game. I do think we could have handled President Toaster a bit earlier.

I guess @rowe33 would have put cylon fleet on the bottom? doubtfull if that would change the outcome though

So yay team “evil” @soondifferent !
I was suprised you let me keep the arrest order @Jorn_Weines

This was a brutal game, though with all the preps i was thinking you had some chance to make it.
I will admit i had a great time with all the brigging especially the one from the Popular Influence card (evil smiles)

My first mistake, but I had no indication you were a Cylon then.

Another draw and we would have cycled. But you weren’t there yet.

And the card @rowe33 saw was not the Cylon fleet, but was one with no jump prep and 2 resource loss of choice, so either way was bad.

Oh, and @Lantz care to reveal where you stand?

Yeah, was going to put that on the bottom but we were screwed early anyways. Good game Robots!

I played very pro-human to try and keep it interesting. I could have used my OPG on the heavies last turn for instance. I did spike one brig check early but otherwise helped. I was concerned that it was looking like a Cylon win on morale which would sink me.

I actually completed all of my motives:
Cylon: Morale 3+ and food 2+
Human: Morale 5- and have at least one Politics, Tactics, and Engineering cards at the end.

I’m curious to know @soondifferent thoughts, that state of emergency and adding that search for fuel.

Too bad I was in the brig with political prowess in my hand, or we would have had some airlock action.

Its like @CraigM said, we had all the toys this game

Good game everyone, and happy new year! Gratz @jeffreyb and @Lantz!

We Cylons benefited from some really great draws in terms of roles (having both Cylons pre-Kobol is huge), quorum cards and crises. Tory was doing a tremendous job as president, so I wanted to, at various points 1) enable her through my collection of scalps and skulls or 2) Brig Boomer and crown her as godempeoror. 3) Survive long enough that perhaps I get to be admiral (while forgetting that if either Tigh/Zarek gets out of brig, they jump to the top of the list again.) So with those grand (and doomed) plans in mind, I figured I had to garner some trust.

I played State of Emergency to that end, because it was a nice hit to food, and I figured humans couldn’t do that much with it. I made a series of gambles against destiny after that and end up losing every single one by a hair, which was a tad frustrating. However, aside from destiny the rest of the game were totally stacked against humans. I was griping a bit about the Armory hit but that ended up winning us the game.

Thanks for running this Craig!

So say we all!

Thanks @CraigM!

Thanks Craig, for running this brutal beatdown!

Yes, thanks Craig

I was thinking if I would have stayed Baltar but changed places with soon I would have gotten both Cylon cards?

It’s interesting we changed places but still were both Cylons

Anyone interested in another romp through the stars with toasters?

I am, if there’s a spot!

There seem to be plenty. Let’s tag some people.

@jeffreyb and @soondifferent won this game, so they get dibs. Actually if you scroll way way way back @scottagibson gets first first dibs :)

Shout-out to @Lantz, @Jorn_Weines, @CraigM, @Otthegreat, @jostly, @Otagan, @CaseyRobinson

And if I forgot anyone, it’s Discourse’s fault for letting me only tag 10.

Hell yes.