Battlestar Galactica 23 - Craig -Is- Here, Man

Sank you. I’ll assemble the board and get everyone their hands in a bit.

@CraigM - Starting in Weapons Control or Pegasus CiC?

@rowe33 - Starting in Pegasus Engine Room or the Research Lab?

P.S. I gave everyone their character card for easy reading. Plus your Loyalty is there, and your hands.

@Knightsaber Weapons Control.

and to get this party bus moving I’ll go ahead and start.

What in the seven hells are you fools up to, ready stations everyone! We have incoming, get those birds in the air. Weapons free folks, let’s get a move on!

How in the blazes did they get so close, they had intel on us, I know it. Gods, why did Admiral Cain and old Husker decide now was the time to bugger off to Caprica for a command meeting. Oh well, I’m the big dog now, everyone on my orders!

I’m going to the lab to see if I can’t get those slacker scientists to figure out how they penetrated the armistice line undetected.

• once Rowe picks his spot I will reveal the low purple card to draw one and use my movement to relocate to the research lab.

All the work I do in making a board and you just want to skip it. I’m gonna post it anyway though.

Heh, well I’m about to spend 40 minutes driving so…

It’s fine, this will probably be a long game.

Engine room for me.

Space is big, really really big. But our space is not so big, really.

So @CraigM flashes a Tactics 1(LS) at us and draws a Tactics. Then moves to the Research Lab…and then…

Then I… draw an Engineering. Let our pilot focus on flying, I’ll see about getting those Mk VII’s up and running.

Meanwhile, people are already tweaked about how terrible Tory is at being President, having not yet had a chance to do a single thing.

23%20crisis1

@Jorn_Weines, this is all you.

And goodnight from me, have fun picking one of those.

Ugh. What a great start to my presidency.

Damage + my cards, that is harsh. I am a bit unsure what to do here, I am leaning towards the morale loss. I feel the damage to Big G might be a bit risky?

So we would have a 1 in 4 shot of sending our next player to sickbay. Then the basestar shoots.

I took Engineering, but would be unable to mitigate damage this turn. I don’t like it, but the morale seems better.

If it was your turn next I might go the other way. But early game ‘lose your hand’ is rough.

I err on the side of cards this early in the game, hopefully I can mitigate the Morale loss with the Quorum.

-1 Morale @Knightsaber

So our morale drops from 10-9. Is there a list of penalties for low morale, food etc. Or are you ok until a resource hits 0 and then game ends?

Yes. There are some card effects that trigger on various resource thresholds, though, such as Dee being executed if Morale hits 2.

Yep, it’s one of the big dials on the board, anything hits 0 at the end of a turn, Cylons win. Morale is also the 2nd easiest to lose. Well, most common.

The fleet isn’t enthused by the President’s first speech to their completely nonsensical random craziness.

-1 Morale

Basestar fires: Roll 8, no one can fix that. 'Tis a hit.

+1 Jump Prep

So @CraigM, one of everyone’s favorite questions…Pegasus or Galactica?

One in eight chance of getting two people, or one in four of one…

Nah, easy. Let the new girl take the hit. Teach Admiral Cain to take off when the Cylons attack.

That’s a prime example of how to make rowe33 cry in one fell swoop.

Pegasus Engine Room = ka-plooey.

Leoben wakes up in sickbay just in time for his turn.

@rowe33, what one card would you like?

Admiral is not amused.