Battlestar Galactica

Anyone know where I can get ahold of the opening theme in the series? It’s very pretty and ethereal.

It’s just odd nobody’s mentioned any of that yet. Everybody seems to be shocked that the Cylons aren’t just the same old drones. Didn’t Baltar make a reference to Cylons once being covered in chrome? Anyhow, I’d just really like some more backstory about the original war with the Cylons.

This was actually brought up a couple of times in the miniseries. The first Cylon War were the humans against the Centurion armies that we saw in the television series (BSG 75 seems to be a retconned sequel of sorts). Six also makes reference to “the old models” that still have their uses. There’s even a replica Centurion in one of the establishing shots of the Galactica-as-Museum.

I, too, demand more backstory – and I’m sure we’ll get plenty of it.

Ok, I bite. Someone name a torrent server where I can get these?

Also, the latest episode just aired in GB, and it’s getting even more raves. And yes, this time they’ve added Richard “Apollo” Hatch to the show. At least, for one episode.

Ep 3 is up on Suprnova right now.

Episode 3 was really good, with a really cool guest appearance by none other than the original Capt. Apollo – Richard Hatch!

Also, not a Cylon Plot of the Week episode, which is a real relief. Not a particularly stunning episode in its own right, but setting up a lot of really interesting potential plots for later episodes. The scene with Six was especially interesting after the last couple.

I got this last night. I’m torn between watching it or watching election coverage. Hey, I’ll do both at the same time!

Vote Cylon.

I thought it was pretty good, though seemed really short for some reason… on AICN the reviewer thought that it was Richard Hatch’s best performance he’d ever seen. I’d have to agree.

— Alan

I’m glad I’m not the only one that felt this way! I actually had to go back to make sure the video was, in fact, 40min long.

I saw the mini-series when it aired on Sci-Fi, and that it did well enough that it went into production. Are the episodes being aired already? I thought it was going to be next year? I checked Sci-Fi.com and my tv guide listing, and nothing points to them being aired currently.

I am so confused.
I would rather know the answers to the above over who will be my next President.

The first season of BSG is currently being aired on Sky One (which helped finance the series) in the UK. It’ll be shown on Sci-Fi next year. Those of us outside the UK are seeing it now via BitTorrent.

Ah! Thank you for that information! Now I can watch the Lakers season opener in peace. Oh yeah, something about a presidency too. :D

Ep3 was rather good!

I’m liking the conflict between Apollo and well, everyone else.

Prison breakout episode is so overdone that I hated episode 3 very much.

I am STILL trying to locate the opening theme music. Google only gives me endless sites with the 70’s version theme, which I hate beyond belief. I do not understand the obsession with loud, blaring, and fast paced. There is a sense of desperate hope in Battlestar that does not mix well with big band music.

I’d agree, but the outcome of it is rather cool - ([color=white]A ship of ex-cons led by a ruthless terrorist floating around, its population of vital importance to the rest of the fleet’s survival…[/color])

Except I thought the outcome was very different from how other TV shows would have handled it.

That, and Richard Hatch’s performance make up for it in spades.

http://rohan.sdsu.edu/~whalley/theme.mp3

http://rohan.sdsu.edu/~whalley/theme.mp3[/quote]

Thanks, but I already captured this bit. I was hoping that there was a full version out there somewhere. Apparently the CD they released doesn’t contain this at all :\