Battlestar Galactica

Personally, I think they started with, “Hey let’s have the Cylons be monotheistic fanatics… So we can do allegories to the War on Terror”.

And then hey said, “Hey, we need some kind of tolerant/secular-y thngee to be the Yang to that monotheism’s Yin”. And that was the extent of the thought. :) Paper-thin.

As cheesy as the Original was, they had a real “Exodus” thing happening with the Colonials, that the reboot didn’t run with.

It’s been a while. But didn’t the angels on the show mention a diety? Especially at the end, when they’re revealed to be angels, I thought they made reference to one?

Gah, now I suddenly want to watch the show again. But it hasn’t been long enough. I need more time before I do a fresh re-watch.

You’re talking about the very stuff that made my re-view stall out. :)

It was the weakest bit. Certainly they did try and ‘answer’ with the very last scene of the show, but they hadn’t properly laid the groundwork, so it fell a bit flat. Plus you have the characters that ascended, the events with Kara, and all? I don’t think they really planned it through. Which, fine. Leave it mysterious. But don’t focus on it while also not really considering the implications.

Cult Baltar was the worst aspect of this. Season 3 religious elements were bleh.

Season 3 had the Adama shaving his moustache scene which easily cancels out anything bad about the entire season.

Thumbs down, dislike.

At first I was like, hey cool! Then I saw this is going on NBC’s own streaming service and I was like, aw hell naw. Or -

Can’t be worse than The Plan.

A reboot of the reboot? Will they do edgy things like turn Starbuck back into a man? I’d love to see another sci-fi show with carriers, fighters, etc but not sure this is the way to go.

Eh, it worked for Spider-Man. I mean, I guess you could call that working.

The BSG reboot story got a little off track & funky but they sure nailed the casting, atmosphere, and tech. I’d hate to see that tarnished with a shitty remake of it.

I hated to see it tarnished by a terrible last season and The Plan 🥁

Now if they’re planning on compiling & adapting the storylines of our various BSG forum games (or maybe just that one super holiday edition game) into a series then I’m all for it. Bonus points if the main cast is made up of characters not found in the original game box.

Best reboot ever. I think the mega-crazy game should get its own spinoff.

I want to see a bunch of humans spaced erroneously and characters stuck in the brig the whole show.

Maybe since Richard Hatch has passed away they could get Dirk Benedict to guest on this version.

No Edward James Olmos, no sale.

How about a reboot of Reboot
https://cdn2us.denofgeek.com/sites/denofgeekus/files/styles/article_width/public/2018/04/reboot-the-guardian-code-returning-characters.png?itok=VhKacS7d

Well, me I like the idea. After what Sam Esmail did with Mr. Robot, I think he could take a concept like Battlestar and do great things with it. And after the travesty of an ending they gave the Syfy version, I would like to see someone else try and get it right.

So say we all

I’m not thrilled about this news, tbh - the (original reboot) series was fantastic, short it going off the rails at the end and I don’t imagine NBC doing it as well. What’s more, I have next-to-no interest in yet another streaming service. I’d have to hear amazing news about the series to bother picking it up, and then it would just be for a one month binge.