Battletech by Harebrained Schemes (Shadowrun Returns)

Awesome story! I think it get it better now…your pilot was good enough to headshot. I was always too scared once I’d leveled a pilot to be that good to put them into a light mech, or even a medium. The game never incentivizes me to send anything but the monsters.

I think I need to restart a campaign

Actually with a UAC20 I was just going for core shots. It took 1 core shot each to kill the lesser mechs, and 2 for Mr. Crab dude, and I also stomped on the vehicles.

The good ones that give a lot of damage boost are pretty rare (you can tell b/c they have ++ in their description) but the ones that give 5 or 10 points of damage for no tonnage are only semi-rare. Best bet to acquire them is join the Black Market and keep the pirates at least neutral-ish. I believe they may crop up more frequently on worlds that are former Star League worlds (you can filter in the star map).

@Aleck, is there an easy way to manage multiple mods at once, like having BTA 3062 and BT Extended 3025 Commander’s edition? It would be nice if you could save a list of mods to enable so you could switch between the 2.

BTA 3062 is pretty easy to set up, and adds a ton of stuff to the game. But man, depending on RNG, it’s brutal, even when you set stuff to fairly easy.

BTA answered my question when installing it said it wipes the mods folder. So if I want to play Extended again I will need to re-install those bits. It looks like they name things differently in their cache of the community asset bundle, so I don’t know if I’ll be able to point the actual cab utility at the cache created by BTA. Oh well, if I enjoy it I probably won’t go back anyways. :)

Man, first mission is on a mars planet and there are at least 6 mechs and 2 vehicles. Not weakened or lightweights either. Got 1 down, but I dont think it will end well.

One thing I like about Extended that BTA doesn’t seem to have is the various start dates.

The wiki advises new players to eschew the desert missions, which is probably wise.

I also just figured out that if I advance the time manually by like a day, I can get the “live fire exercise” mission, which pays something like 300k C-bills and where your mechs get free and instant repair and rearming. Your pilots, though, if injured, stay injured like normal.

Anyone given this a run using the mod: Battletech Extended 3025 - Commander’s Edition?

Seeing this thread flare up recently made me think it might be fun to give this one a run again using what I’ve read to be a rather well made mod, it’s been quite awhile since I gave this one a thought (despite kickstarting it and playing nearly 200 hours) but I never bought any of the DLC and was wondering does this mod require the DLC?

Hopefully someone here has given this mod a spin and knows the answer…

Did the performance ever get better? I played a LOT of this at release. Circled back a few times with the DLC and mods, but loading and general pacing was so atrocious I gave up…
Which sucks because I really like the game.

I still find it slow.

I played some with Battletech Extended before, but I have the dlc. Searching online it seems like it does not require the dlc, but you’ll miss out on some mechs.

Thanks man, that’s what my search revealed as well, so I’m considering picking them up, if I’m going to take another run at this it might as well be the complete package plus the mod.

The DLC are really cool. I highly recommend adding them.

Got the DLC and mod installed, wasn’t sure whether to play campaign or career but since I’ve played the campaign to completion figured career was the best choice.

Question: does career still have a progression towards some victory condition? I mean it’s not just sandbox forever type of affair is it?

It has a score and also Flashpoints of increasing challenge as you gain Merc Board rating. I tend to set a goal of gaining major faction alliances and then doing the Alliance Flashpoints, which can be very challenging

Also there is a Flashpoint mini campaign that is well worth doing. It starts on Terragona iirc

@vyshka , sorry for the delayed response, I’ve been afk for the last week!

I haven’t found any easy way to manage multiple mods, which is a huge pain if you want to try multiple mods out. How’s your playthrough going?

I’ve been doing the BTA 3062 mod pack/revamp for a week or so now. Barring the usual pokey performance of all things associated with this game, and the occasional crash on mission initiation, it seems to work well.

It’s pretty hard, though, and RNGesus reigns supreme in a lot of ways, like starting 'Mechs, salvage opportunities, and of course the basic to-hit and crit rolls. Those at least tend to balance out. The challenge really is to make enough money to keep going while still taking hard enough contracts to advance your stable of BattleMechs, which ain’t easy.

The variety is cool, and they’ve revamped a lot of systems like Resolve and Evasion in what seem to be good ways. Light 'Mechs are much more competitive now, and ECMC3I stuff is more useful too.

Darius still lies like a sailor when estimating risk on missions though.

What I ended up doing is rename the Mods folder, and then do an install of the other. Then when I want to switch between them I just rename which one I want to Mods, and run the modtek injector since they currently seem to be using different versions (not sure if I really need to run it each time). I like the idea of working toward the newer tech with an earlier start date in BTE, but honestly I don’t know if I’d play long enough to where that could make a difference. RNG was definitely brutal in the couple of missions I have played in BTA3062.