Bayonetta 3 on Switch

Wasn’t the whole game a Devil May Cry joke? :0

They’ve even got Nero in there now.

It’s hard to get hyped when half the trailer is the stupid one-off / on-rails sections that I’m sure I’ll hate playing through a million times. Platinum makes games that are more fun to play than to look at in trailers.

This looks really good. Better than I expected from the first gameplay video.

More footage here, but no sound.

Looks pretty wild. I hope the Switch can keep up.

I played the first one on my WiiU all the way through, and it was exhausting. Bonkers and kinda sorta worth it, but exhausting. Just recently I thought maybe I’d play the second one, it had been waiting in my backlog… heard it was a bit easier. The first act, where you’re battling on the back of a fighter jet, I couldn’t tell what the hell was going on, at all. Somehow, I beat the level, let it save, closed it, but I think I have Bayonetta PTSD. Watching this footage of B3 isn’t encouraging.

Have to say though, for all the manic madness, at least the camera doesn’t do superspeed pushins every time you punch like Darksiders 2 did, where I lost my bearings every single time I attacked someone. Had to put that one down too, even after being a veteran of the first game.

I think maybe third person combo-fighter adventure games aren’t for me.

That exhaustion is one reason I like the genre so much. When I’m done with a level I feel like taking a break to get back to my life, instead of playing just one more turn for hours.

The first playthrough is definitely stimulation overload, especially with Platinum games. Later it’s easier to get into a flow.

Apparently they offered her $4k for her voice acting, and she is not happy about it.

I didn’t click on the Kotaku story, but I did watch her video. That’s a shame for her, as she’s got an amazing voice and she did a fantastic job with the first two games.

But reading between the lines, I doubt anyone expected her to voice the lead character in a modern videogame for a $4000 buyout. That’s nonsensical. It sounds like she just got edged out during negotiations, probably because Platinum or their publishers opted to instead pay Jennifer Hale whatever her rate is. And I’m sure it was a heck of a lot more than a $4000 buyout!

EDIT: OMG, this is out in two weeks!

Jennifer Hale! Now I’m actually interested in the game!

Edit : is your New avatar… Jason ‘s ancestor, Tom?!

The fallout from this in Twitter-world has been ridiculous.

The VA has been found out to be MAGA so milkshake duck, Kamiya apparently went off and got suspended by Twitter.

I suspect given everything , Tom’s explanation is the most logical explanation for it all, and I’m glad I just observed some of my friends getting amped up instead of being invested in any of this.

It would be funny if they froze her out for her political views and ended up getting dogpiled on Twitter for it anyway.

I’m unable to get too worked up about this. The voice actor is the least of my concerns. I’ll be there day 1 regardless!

Jennifer Hale is also great. S Tier VA.

I don’t know what that means until I google it (or wikipedia it). I feel old.

Source?

Also, isn’t she not a U.S. citizen? MAGA seems like a weird term to use there.

She follows Trump family members on Twitter. No crazy Tweets I saw mention of. (I read a Reddit thread that said this).

Uhh. A lot of people follow them who are not MAGA.

Her feed appears to be clean of any reference to the Trump family.

Following someone is not an endorsement. I mean, she follows 1600 people.

People are allowed to have shitty political opinions and get paid correctly for their work. Her feed seems very bereft of any MAGA content objectionable or otherwise.

I suppose we haven’t heard the last of this though.

A nuanced comment on Kotaku:

Could this be the last we hear about it in this thread? Butthurt people making up dramas about them being dumped from their work? Dear lord, she is never getting another job offer for sure.

Meanwhile:Jennifer Hale!

Nevermind what I just said in reaply to Jon: that was a perfect comment, thanks for sharing it.

Now that the rage binge has worn off, it sounds like the rate was reasonable - I think she said she did a prior game in 2 days, though I can’t find a source - but it would’ve made good business sense to throw in a little more for the third game. Pinching pennies has come back to bite them. Oh well.