BBC's Top Gear: Now with 100% Less Clarkson

We will have to create a grand tour thread soon. I follow the 3 lads on social media, and there have been plenty of images and videos of them messing about. They used facebook livestream in their production office a bit. And clarkson has been tweeting about them filming some of the segments.

Really looking forward to this fall!

I admit, it tickles me that one of the BBC’s biggest exports now features as its main front man an American.

It’s very annoying we wont be able to see the Grand Tour here in the Netherlands. I really hope there’ll be some way to watch it soon, because what I see on Facebook looks a lot like the the old Top Gear (and yes, that’s a plus for me…)

So I see the show is back for another season, this time without Captain America. Is anyone still watching? Just curious after all the hubub from last year has died down. Seems like lots of viewers jumped ship after the last season, though I don’t think Grand Tour was much grander (I only watched about 3 episodes…)

I liked Grand Tour, and it felt a lot like Top Gear, but I think a lot of their skits and stuff weren’t quite as crazy this year. There was some really fun stuff, but it felt a bit more uneven.

I watched 0% of new Top Gear, as I don’t get it as part of my video packages, and I wasn’t going to pay for something new.

Loved Grand Tour, gave Top Gear a miss, think that ship has sailed.

I also enjoyed Grand Tour this last season, and didn’t even give Top Gear a try after the bad word of mouth here at Qt3.

Well, supposedly giving Chris Evans the boot was the best idea. Reviews for the first episode of the new season are positive.

So, I might have to give it a try.

Grand Tour had a lot of downfalls, but also, most of that can be attributed to lawyers. Apparently Amazon was very careful to not get sued by the BBC, so many segments, such as celebs driving cars, “the stig”, and many of Clarkson’s other odd inventions (the cool wall) not only could not be done, but things related to the cool wall couldn’t be done.

Basically, they were really hamstrung by the BBC’s legal team, and the show suffered for it. I think that with some more time, they can figure out new and better segments that won’t scare Amazon’s lawyers.

I thought the problem with GT is that they’re tired and want to cash in. Clarkson especially is just looking old and aside from Hammond they both kind of grin at the camera with a bit of an “I’m too old for this shit” look. It’s also why as I took it they did like half the shows in England despite.m being a “traveling” show.

Honest to god I thought Clarkson was in his 70s but wiki says he’s only 56!

Holy moly you’re right, I thought he was 70 too!

Wait, that Chris Evans? What the heck?

No, it’s same-named but very different British radio presenter Chris Evans.

Surprised so many people like GT. Most of it seemed kind of flat without enough focus on cars. The second episode where they are trying to act while playing soldier was painful to watch. The only episode(s) I really enjoyed was the beach buggy one, but it felt like I was watching an old TG as well.

“The American” really needs to go as well.

GT got better as it went on imo. The soldier one was probably the worst of them.

I liked the soldier one a lot…

I liked Grand Tour (most of it) and I like the new (new) Top Gear. Evans has always been a dick, Sabine I couldn’t understand, Irvine was just rubbish so now they’ve removed the dead wood its working out well.

I enjoyed the GT for the most part. It comes down to liking their brand of humor or not. The only one that fell flat IMO was the quickly got really old “celebrity brain crash” Hopefully they drop it for the next season.

I think that the Celebrity bit was more of a poke at the BBC, because I think that they weren’t legally allowed to steal Top Gear’s segment of celeb interviews and track day. So, why not just blow up every celeb?

But yeah, it wasn’t as funny as it should have been.

Plus, the interviews were always the worst part of TG.