Berlusconi smacked in the face with souveneir

Is it wrong of me to have watched this 5 times so far?

Prime Minister Silvio Berlusconi of Italy is recovering in hospital after an assault left his face covered in blood following a rally in Milan.

He suffered two broken teeth, a minor nose fracture and cuts to his lip after being struck with an object said to be a souvenir of the city’s cathedral.

I don’t want to live in a world where that’s wrong.

On one hand, punching a 72-year old man isn’t very nice. On the other hand, it’s Silvio Berlusconi.

That his security team let people get that close to begin with is pretty ridiculous.

Chretien knew how to handle protesters!

Pretty good picture of aftermath here.

Is that supposed to be animated? Also, the colors are really messed up. I’d love to see what you’re actually talking about though.

It’s not OK to punch people. Even shitbags like Berlusconi.

In 1996, a protester got a bit too close to Canadian PM Chretien, despite the RCMP bodyguards. Chretien took things into his own hands (literally).

I’m glad they cleared that up.

Yeah, I didn’t search too hard for a better quality image but Eric has the story linked above.

Here’s a bigger version of the same photo. I assume the quality is in part because it’s a still from a video camera:

Prescott also had a scuffle with an egg-thrower

http://news.bbc.co.uk/vote2001/hi/english/newsid_1335000/1335033.stm

Chretien looks like a cross between Bob Hope and Jack Palance in that picture.

What an unstoppable force of entertainment that would be!

That’s what I was thinking. Stupid dead actors.

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601087&sid=aemgLuZMsXj4&pos=9

I still want to know why he was carrying a model of the cathedral around readily at hand for throwing.

I think it was a souevneir, like an eiffel tower paperweight. There are probably half a dozen guys selling them nearby

I love Berlusconi, this is horrible!

Can’t wait to hear the next episode of “Wait wait don’t tell me!”, se their take on this.