Best Chrome add-ons thread

Is there a simple way to import all of your FF bookmarks, and have your toolbar bookmarks end up as the FF bookmarks? I.e. is there a simple way to have all your FF bookmarks moved to Chrome and looking just like they did in FF?

Well, when you import them, they end up in a folder called imported or something under Other Bookmarks… then you just go into the bookmark manager and move them from that folder to the Bookmark Bar folder…

Tools -> Bookmark manager -> Organize -> Import bookmarks

Xmarks is another simple option.

Download helper is probably the only reason I still use FF. I wonder why it’s taking so long for someone to make a Chrome version, it’ll probably on the most popular extensions.

Came across a new extension called Disconnect that blocks tracking cookies from Digg, Facebook, Twitter, Yahoo and Google. I don’t think I can post links yet but searching for “disconnect google chrome” on Google brings it up as the second result.

Not sure if this is something Adblock or another application can also do, but I’m enjoying it.

Disconnect is pretty good except that even when I tell it not to block Google, I have to log into my Google services again every time I restart the browser.

This is kind of neat:
Distillery
Feed it your steam userID and it will give you a list of users… Choose some of them, and it will tell you which games everyone has in common. Nice for getting multiplayer games together.

Hmm ok time for a bump as I’ve found something I enjoy more than Speed Dial 2 which I have been using for years as my launch page in Chrome.

I am now using Homey!

Nice to have a clock , weather , and date right on my launch screen.