Best games with production chains?

It’s the same as the base game, to launch a rocket. It just changes the production chains to require more intermediary products, forcing you to automate more and earlier.

So extending gameplay?

Glad it was appreciated. ;)

It’s both a joke and serious. Everything stated about Eve Online is true… and I mean everything. :p

Bottom line is there’s nothing like Eve… it’s a simulated universe of more than 7,500 star systems where the players drive the economy. Manufacturing is a huge part of it thus worth consideration in this thread.

Haha, the Eve Online production chain is fake though. I mean yes, there’s a path from raw materials into starships, but the real way to advance through the production chain is to beat people up and steal their already-made higher-tier goods.

Does Facterio have enemies you have to protect yourself from?

By default, yes. You can turn them off and play in Peaceful mode if you’d rather. I find the enemies to be a good pressure to keep me focused but I know some people prefer not to have them.

I was hoping it did, but I hadn’t encountered any yet.

Just wait, once your pollution starts growing you will be attacked.

I think you need to clear enemy bases to obtain some of the top tier research materials. So yes, Peaceful lets you engage the aliens on your own timetable, but it really just delays the inevitable.

No, that was changed. It’s now possible to reach the end without interacting with enemies, or even having them present on the map.

In Facterio? Why would they change that? And can you bring them in somehow?

Yes, it used to be that enemy nests dropped items that were used to create the highest level science pack. They’ve replaced that with other things, which to my mind is great, because Factorio should be all about automating things, and you couldn’t automate harvesting enemy nests for items.

Which means that if you wish, you can set up a world without enemies, and still be able to progress to the end. But by default there are enemies.

Ahhh OK. Thanks!

Oh, that’s good. I feel like enemies forced development of defensive tech, but I didn’t like having the time-pressure while simultaneously trying to learn the other systems. Knowing that I can complete the game on Peaceful mode is encouraging, and reminds me that I should really start another run.

They’re in the first tutorial level. Did you skip that?

Didn’t complete it yet.

@jpinard

I played Factorio with no enemies and without the little avatar. I just enjoyed the production part and not having to run around controlling the little person (was nice for me).

It’s been a while but did you remember this game?

I tried looking it up by thread I only read and using a stupidly vast argument like “browser” or “html”, but I couldn’t pinpoint it.
Either I dreamed of it, or the thread title is very misleading. I seem to remember it was abstract and sci-fi themed, and there were “boxes” where you fit productions. I can’t have dreamed of that :O
Ah yes, I think this was taking place on a single screen and you had to reconfigure your production as time went on…
Maybe it was more puzzle than production… This is irritating!

I found this on itch.io not sure if it will help: