Best games with production chains?

I remember this one on the forum?
http://jhollands.co.uk/spaceplan/

There were elements of an idle game like spaceplan, and I found it: it was Factory Idle… Which had already been mentioned in this very thread, doh! Sorry for the waste of time.

Edit: I can’t find our dedicated thread, but there is a mention of its existence on another thread by Mr. Bismarck. I guess it is one of those threads dedicated to a game where we don’t ever mention its name…

Here is one I just started playing on steam.

I put this in City Bulider thread but probably belongs here:

I watched some of Katherine of Sky’s playthrough of Automation Empire and it looks… annoying. How everything connects with trains, factories, mine carts, pipes, and conveyors follows no rhyme or reason. They are all discreet systems and whether they can connect or not seems to be random.

Been playing The Quarry, which is a nice little mobile game. Having a lot of fun with it.

Looks interesting. Playable on a mobile or will it really need a tablet?

Totally playable on mobile. It’s more of a slower more puzzly production game, and the map is fairly small (though multi-layered), so it’s easy to pinch zoom and drag around. Conveyor placement is slightly fiddly, but you get used to it. It is available on Steam though, so you can check it out there.

I’ve put a few hours into The Quarry now and I can say it’s one of my top two mobile games ever. There’s a tutorial that gives you just enough info to get started and you get to figure out how most of the game works yourself and the limitations you have to operate in within the game’s systems. (What in the world do I do with all this dirt?) It’s a purer production line game than either Factorio or Mindustry–there’s no alien menace. Just you and your mines and a goal (build an advanced computer chip.)

Someone forgot to tell the makers of Quarry that no one makes games solely for Android.

– An entitled Apple user

Finally, some payback for all of those Apple exclusives! :)

Not sure if this counts but I’m really enjoying how the production chains work in Food Chain Magnate. I’ve been playing a lot of this online over the past few weeks (usually losing, but in a fun way)

Can you link? All I’m finding is boardgames.

Ah, it is a board game but the online implementation on http://play.boardgamecore.net/ is pretty high quality so I’ve been playing that.

OK thanks!

Kalypso Media publish a bunch of slightly older games (one of which is getting a sequel next year):

• Rise of Venice
  • Patrician
  • Port Royale (Port Royale 4 coming next year)

These can get quite heavy into the micro, and have a business/trading focus on the front-end, but there’s also a large part of it dedicated to managing and building up production chains for things to trade.

So I got this and it certainly has “just one more tweak” (of Factorio fame) going on. But now I’ve dug down three levels and haven’t found any tin ore. Am I missing something?

Tin ore?

Sorry, couldn’t help myself.

I would have bought this game if it was on iOS already. Thinking about steam but I rarely use my iPad for games.

My impression is that you have to dig down fairly deep. I’ve only gotten down one level and I think I’m gonna be spending a bunch of time basically deleting most of my level 0 setup and reconfiguring to manufacture steel.

Yeah, boardgamecore doesn’t look like much, but it handles the game nicely. We played a Qt3 game a while back. Always happy to play some more with people who want a nice slowish relatively friendly game.

… I don’t get it?

Turns out it was on level four!

Yeah, my level 0 is a huge spaghetti mess. Really tempted to start over, but I just found tin, so…