Best Of Wii Thread

I’ve never heard of any of those games. OK, Rayman I have. Time for more research.

You need to grab Sin & Punishment Star Successor. It is a rails shooter with occasional 3rd person movement and evasion. If you like light gun games it should be right up your alley.

+1 for Little Kings Story. It’s kind of like a Pikmin RPG.

Zack and Wiki si an excellent puzzle/adventure game that makes good use of the Wii Remote

Dawn of Discovery is a “lite” version of the anno games. It’s not “hardcore” but a pretty nice couch-friendly city builder with great controls.

Monster Hunter Tri (get pro controller as well)

Zack & Wiki seconded. And if you like that, the Lost Winds games on the Wii Shop are also good puzzle platformers.

Glad I bumped this old thread, these are all new to me. Thanks for all the info folks!

I enjoyed playing Zach & Wiki except for the part where you have to waggle the wiimote. Those parts got the best of me. My nephew was terrible at them too, so we finally stopped making progress in the game for that reason. I’d love to play a Zach & Wiki with the waggle taken out.

Lost Winds I finished with my nephew. I didn’t even mind the waggle in that one. But keeping track of where you need to go is tough. Sometimes you trek all the way 20 screens from where you were, only to realize that you can’t make progress here, and you need to go 20 screens back to get to where you were. I made it through Lost Winds, eventually, but in the sequel, I finally got stuck and stopped wanted to make the trek across several screens just to see if that’s where I had to go next. I wish they’d dumbed it down a little and just told us where to go next if it was taking us longer than 30 minutes to get to where we had to be next.

Pogue I have a number of the games mentioned and have a dead Wii with no intention of getting a new one. Before you buy any, I may be able to just ship you some so they find a good home. I will PM you.

I’d rather you get them, than bring them to Gamestop for 12 cents credit.

Oh wow, that’s very generous. I would appreciate any games you feel you no longer need.

I just have to find where I stashed them. I’ll check tonight.

Well hey! Thanks for bringing this thread back to life! We have owned a WiiU for a year, now, and we’re at the point that Wii recommendations are very welcome.