Best Star Trek Series

Wow, I had no flippin’ idea that Brunt was Combs. Probably because I hated almost any Ferengi-centric episode SO MUCH that I could hardly wait to turn of the TV.

Combs was by and large spectacular in any Trek series.

The best is still ahead of you prankster. You’re past the rough part now.

I’m watching DS9 slowly, because it’s on Netflix and why not?, and I’m still in the first season. Maybe I just have low standards for Sci-fi, because it’s bad, but it’s…Star Trek-bad. It’s not unwatchable, it’s just kind of boring and nonsensical, but it isn’t actively painful the way some television can be. You can often see where there might have been a good idea somewhere, and chuckle at the bad execution.

Well, the Quark episodes are pretty actively awful. But other than that.

Agreed. The girlfriend FINALLY got through season 1, so I can now watch it regularly with her. ;) Even though I forgot an episode had the really hot girl from Eureka and Black Dynamite who hasn’t aged a BIT.

I swear, her dress had a boob cage. NO LIE.

Haha…sucker. So glad I’m through the first 2 seasons…that was a battle of attrition. Stick with it though, it gets much better. It never really feels like Star Trek to me since there isn’t a whole lot of exploring new frontiers, but it really is a good sci-fi story. Lots of political intrigue.

As stated upthread, the first couple seasons of DS9 are…ummm…not very good; apart from the pilot and the S2 finale (which introduces the Dominion), I’m struggling to remember anything worth seeing from the first 2 seasons. But then Voyager came along and siphoned all the suck outta DS9; S3 is uneven, but it’s where DS9 starts getting really good.

DS 9 gets my vote for the character of Garak almost entirely. I’m hard pressed to think of any other character in Star Trek history more entertaining and so well written.

Oh god yes, Garak is the shit, totally my all-time favorite Trek character, even if he is a simple tailor. ;)

I loved how he was supposed to be a one-off character, but they loved Robinson’s performance so much they decided to flesh him out. Such an awesome decision.

Star Trek: Lost in Space (aka Voyager). A concept I couldn’t get past from the word go.

Star Trek: Stuck in One Place (aka Deep Six it, aka Deep Space Nine). A concept I couldn’t get past from the word go, though, apparently, they finally did (but it was too late for me, though I suppose with Netflix these days…).

Babylon 5: a first season I couldn’t get past. Alas, the Cleesian line, “Got better!” again came too late.

Battlestar Galactica: Of all the cheesy scifi to revive, why the hell this one? I mean…oh wait…this is actually interesting! Oh wow. Wait, that finale coming up - why do I hear a train coming closer and Gomez Addams cackling gleefully? Ah well…

Space: 1999. Where the hell are the purple wigs, push-up bras, and miniskirts? Where’s You-Foe (aka UFO) when you need it?

Yeah, I know: I’m just getting old…

WTF!? This thread is about Star Trek old man! GTFO! ;)

I’m guess I should be glad I didn’t mention Forbidden Planet. Or the next election year version of it: For-Biden Planet.

Old, old, old…

Who the HELL do you think you are, coming in here and spouting such nonsense?! ;)

Still…
[alive]…
old…

…friend!

Hahahahaha

Finally in Season 6 of DS9 and it really has gotten pretty impressive. It still doesn’t feel like Star Trek to me without the exploring and the ship, but it is definitely one of the better Sci-Fi series I have seen (I still like Firefly and Stargate Universe more).

Just wait until you get to “In the Pale Moonlight”.

And Stargate Universe? Really?

How does one Trek and yet not move? Star Sedentary? Alliterates, yet just doesn’t have that same ring…

Yes, I’m being unnecessarily cruel. Mea culpa.

I liked Stargate Universe. I never really got why it gets all the hate. It’s just good old fashioned sci-fi fun that doesn’t bury you under a mountain of taking itself to seriously.

And yeah, “In the Pale Moonlight” is fantastic. That one episode makes suffering through the first two seasons worth it.

Star Chillin’ at the Marination Station.

True, it was just a lighthearted exploration of starvation, murder, mutiny, kidnapping, abandonment, suicide, incurable disease, and everybody probably never returning home again. Nothing serious.