Best tank movie

damn, i forgot some good ones!

It was only about five minutes, but “The A-Team” had a pretty memorable tank scene.

It would have to be Rambo III: the scene where rambo plays chicken with a soviet helicopter while driving a tank. Sadly i was unable to find a picture of this epic scene.

Horrible movie, terribly inaccurate historically.

Hail, hail Freedonia…oh wait, you mean Battle of the Bulge? I was just mentioning it as a tank movie, not advancing it as the best ('cause it isn’t). It helps to have seen it in wide screen at the Cinerama Dome, I suppose.

My even more obscure tank “movie” is the Puppetoon short by George Pal, Tulips Shall Grow (1942). They’d show these things on TV when I was extremely young, and I didn’t dig it up until just yesterday (finally remembered a name I could search under: Screwball Army).

I also hate good movies for obscure factual mistakes that nobody else gives a shit about.

Don’t be a history nazi.

Me too - the only problem with the Bulge movie is that its historical errors weren’t obscure, they go directly to the final climactic battle which is totally wrong.

Count me in as well. I spent much of Band of Brothers checking which vehicles were used as stand-ins for German Panzers.

Wait, are you saying that the actual Battle of the Bulge wasn’t decided by an epic tank battle in the middle of a desert?

I was being facetious. Example, I lent a copy of The Thing to a friend who had a ham radio license. He hated it. Why? He did not believe the radio operator could not get any reception. So, the whole movies sucks. He was OKAY with the shape-shifting, 200,000 year old alien, but the radio… that was just the last straw.

What a bastard.

My older brother got about 40 minutes into Titanic and turned it off because he said there were lightbulbs on the ship that weren’t produced until several decades after the ship sank.

There’s a particular sequence in Courage Under Fire involving Denzel Washington and some Abrams.

— Alan

He was probably just using that as an excuse to get out of that terrible movie.

“Sorry guys, those nike shoes they wear in Gigli weren’t invented for 2 years so i’m going to have to leave you.”

That might be part of it, but he’s kind of a walking encyclopedia of lights and later went into excruciating detail about what lights should have been on a ship of that period. He’s just strange enough for that to be the real reason, though he said it probably wouldn’t have bothered him as much if they had spent so much time and attention on other period details.

…ask him if they still make those old tymey lights.

He owns quite a few from the era and apparently they’re not too hard to come by and a number of companies produce replicas.

Wow at the 6 million dollar man.

Now tanks,

Well, it hardly qualifies as the “best”, but at least it has tanks: Wheels of Terror/The Misfit Brigade