Best Video Game Gun

I’m massively biased in favor of the standard MP5 and the Gewehr 43 any time they’re available, but so far as guns that exclusively belong to the realm of video games, I’d probably go with something like the Mauler from Perfect Dark. I would dual-wield them in preference to nearly any other weapon in the game if the chance presented itself, and it always paid off.

The sound also makes me unreasonably happy, but I can’t find any video clips of it without some obnoxious asshat talking over it. Thanks, Youtube.

My honorable mention list is probably a dozen items long.

What about Dual RCP90’s

I was the weird one that actually preferred dual AR33s.

I know nothing of guns, and even less about guns in games, but while playing a game, I do try and remember what works for me, and this is a name I recall fondly.

Any answer that isn’t Doom’s BFG is the wrong answer.

I agree. If I had to pick a favorite out of all the games, it would have to be the M1 Garand for me as well.

Major props to the STG44 though. That was the secret weapon in Medal of Honor: Allied Assault’s last act. You were sent undercover into Germany to a submarine base to discover what secret guns the Germans were developing that was rumored to be as accurate as a rifle, but fully automatic like a machine gun. The whole conclusion of the game depended on that gun being badass when you finally got your hands on it, and it came through.

But I still prefer the M1 Garand.

Pistol in Halo 1

That rifle in Red Faction: Guerilla that dissolves whatever it shoots.

-Tom

…sounds like I need to play more Red Faction: Guerilla…

Words to live by. For everyone.

I replayed it a bit for a stream last year. It holds up partly because no other game has achieved what it does with destructibility.

-Tom

First game I 100% on the 360. I’m disappointed I can’t play it again for the first time. Infinitely respawning enemies during engagements is the only thing that tends to ruin the experience, but besides that it was my personal favorite showpiece for what the 360 generation of consoles could pull off.

I agree with some of the other entries here but what about the Gravity Gun? That was pretty mindblowing stuff when HL2 was new :)

Ok, its a real life picture, but that gun, in any game that features it. It’s the GAU8-A, the thing that makes the A-10 Warthog go BRRRRRRRRT. Its my favourite gun of all time.

1. Gravity Gun
  2. Tom’s pick
  3. That gun in Borderlands 2 what shoots exploding swords
  4. The Silent Scope arcade controller
  5. CoH recoilless rifle

I was issued the Garand rifle when I was in the army , a "few " years back. Great precision rifle but rather annoying that it loudly announces whenever you are out of ammunition 😁

The Vintar BC (aka VSS Vintorez) suppressed sniper rifle from the STALKER series. The games modeled the weapon’s use of subsonic ammunition. You could actually watch the bullets arc in flight, and had to adjust your aim accordingly when sniping over medium to long range. Making headshot kills required some skill, but was very satisfying.

Ever the most serious person in the room, I’d like to suggest

The dubstep gun from Saints Row 4

and Mr Toots from Red Faction Armageddon

But for real guns from games I’ve always been partial to the BAR

You know what games need? An anti-gun. Like what if you had a gun that could nullify bullets fired at you but you’d need to point the anti-gun in the direction you’re being fired upon, and hit the trigger about the same time you’re fired upon as well. Come on, that could be fun.

Jedi Knight had that. But minus having to press the trigger. I’m not sure if having to pull the trigger would improve that scenario.

The idea would be that it’s not automatic, would require at least some skill. Or luck. Luck’s good.