Best YouTube videos

Movie Award Leftovers

I’d like one of those ‘Starf Leet’ badge thingies.

Oh god, the Starf Leet part was hilarious.

'I dare you to do better."

Wow, how did you find that, Athryn?

I recognize the girl on the left, Kate Micucci, from an indie comedy called Bart Got a Room. Which came up in this thread earlier when someone linked to one of Brandon Hardesty’s awesome movie re-enactment videos. He and Micucci play a couple in Bart Got a Room, and for the minimal amount of screentime they have, they’re both really arresting. In fact, immediately after the only speaking scene with Micucci – it’s just a short scene of her and Hardesty by the pool trying to set the lead character up with a date – I was immediately, like, “Whoa, who is that? She’s good!”

-Tom

EDIT: And, gah, the other girl in the video is the psycho chick from the Last House on the Left remake. She has an extended nekkid wrestling scene with Tony Goldwin!

Micucci was in the last season of Scrubs, too. She did some awesome musical numbers in that. I’ve watched a bunch of the Garfunkle and Oates music videos on YouTube. I like “Pregnant Women are Smug”.

Oh, that’s Hud from Cloverfield in “Sex with Ducks”!

YouTube - Blonde Girl Pregnancy Test - Funny Ad

Ice Age in 4-D!

We didn’t start the flame wars

They’re a comedy folk duo called Garfunkel and Oates. They’ve been linked to by the comedy section on HuffPo quite a bit, which is how I found them.

Tom, you may enjoy this little gem from Micucci and William H Macy to promote Bart: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-zJHMad1ZsM

That was great.

-xtien

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-KxjVlaLBmk

Quick, articulate robot hand - naturally, to be affixed to sprinting robots, who will run us down and spin our bodies between their nimble digits.

I LOVE IT.

Great find, mash.

Your description is very well put, especially when the “welcome our new overlords” joke is still shambling about the internet.

Absolutely incredible wave/surfing.

Apparently he did not survive?

Mike Parsons is still alive.

Yeah, that is Parsons during a “tow-in” surfing contest at a break called Jaws in Maui. It is not a tsunami as this youtube entry claims… merely an every day 60+ footer.

Also, there is a moment during which the cameraman up in the heli pulls the shot back and the viewer gets the illusion that the entire ocean is lurching up with the surfer up top and that even the helicopter must be about to be engulfed by the wave… it’s an optical illusion. Not to take away from what Parsons is actually doing. I mean, 60 footers breaking top to bottom… forget about it.

I applaud you sir. You go where I cannot.

anyway, here’s one over at RPS
Lotus Simulations L-39 Albatros for FSX

8-bit trip - a stop-motion LEGO tribute to the aforementioned gaming generation that took 1500+ hours to make.

Absolutely extraordinary.

That’s officially scary. And I’m not saying that to be cute, I mean it’s scary, like somebody finding a tribe of chimps with bows and arrows.

H.

Opening scene from “Riding Giants.” Big-wave surfing docs are my guilty pleasure, and that one is fantastic. Check out “Billabong Oddysey” which is on Netflix Watch Instantly.

H.

This was awesome. I loved that the b/w video clips were all made of Lego bricks as well. And the Pong portion was probably the highlight for me with the rotation.

Dressing up as nurses is not the worse part of this challenge.