Bethesda asks players to please buy their singleplayer games

“This video is not available”. Anyone care to summarize?

Clever and cringe-worthy at the same time.

Maybe they should try to save themselves first by getting out of their comfort zone and acknowledging the changes in the gaming market. Fallout 4 was a shameless Skyrim reskin, SP corridor shooters like Doom n Wolf are niche games nowadays so it’s hard for them to recoup an AAA investment. Same goes for stealth survival with RPG elements such as Prey, Dishonored, Evil Within.

Don’t get me wrong, they make decent to good games but it feels like they’re stuck in the past. Just look at Skyrim, its huge sales are first n foremost explained by its modability rather than the bland story, simple mechanics or even large world yet the mod support for Bethesda’s latest games are worse than previous games, nonexistant or even hostile(paid mods).

Players ask Bethesda to please patch their singleplayer games.

No number of patches could make Fallout 4 a fun game. :p

Cringey. But I do appreciate that Bethesda makes AAA singleplayer games and own all of them. Prey and Dishonored happen to be masterpieces, Doom, Wolf and Evil Within are great too, so was Skyrim. Only FO4 was disappointment, but still decent game.

I really hope Arkane won’t be relegated to doing multiplayer stuff.

Ah, yes, those huge console sales numbers are totally because of mods.

Also, all single-player games that aren’t open-world sandboxes are “niche” compared to open-world stuff and multiplayer-focused stuff. I’d rather some devs stay “stuck in the past” than see no one making anything except clones of Grand Theft Auto, Assassin’s Creed, Call of Duty, and Overwatch forever.

I would have been all over Fallout 4 and I was sooo excited to see it come out, but I wanted it to be an RPG with serious choices and consequences. So I have not even bought it and have no plans to bother.

Have you played any of Bethesdas games before? This isn’t a snippy question by the way, but a serious one. Is there anything that would indicate to you, that that is the kind of games they make?

I just got the Fallout 4 GOTY edition recently with all the DLC and am having a blast with it. It’s currently consuming all my gaming time. I’m loving the exploration and building up cool settlements with mannequins of the various human enemies I defeat.

It might help that I knew what type of game to expect when I bought it. But it’s a fine game with tons and tons of content and it will end up high on my list for 2017.

I didn’t get Fallout 4 for a long time, because of all the complaining about it. When I finally did get and play it, I was really surprised. I actually had a great time with it, and put a decent number of hours into it.

As far as the “get with the future” stuff, yah…we need more loot boxes and time gated money grabs. If anything, I wish there were 10 Bethesdas.

I played Fallout 3 and NV a lot, but not any of the Elder Scrolls setting. I play to create a specific detailed character, and they made F4 with only their specific character arc and story in mind. Why do I have to be a married person with a son? Why do I have to help the minutemen?

I’m the “You can’t even be the bad guy? Nope, not interested!” guy. And it isn’t about the karma scale, or picking faction A,B,or C, just about the choices in making the character and exercising him in the world. They made an amazing action shooter with RPG elements, but in doing so they took away too much RPG for me to be interested.

I played Skyrim as well as Fallout 4 and this sentence is a mystery to me.

You don’t have to.

Fallout 4 was fantastic. Each Bethesda Gane has been an improvement over the last. I say keep on keeping on, BethSoft.

And if I don’t, do they die? Do they get overrun by raiders and the quest fails? No, Preston just sits there invulnerable forever waiting for you to say Yes I Would Love To Help You. And if it is years later and I have murdered everyone on the map, he still says what a great person I am and he is proud to have me as a minuteman.

What he said.

As we’ve discussed a million times before on this forum, Fallout 4 is a great game, it’s just not a very good Fallout game.

I played Skyrim a lot but never finished it. When I loaded it up not too long ago a few thoughts came to me immediately. I didn’t remember what the actual main quest was because it’s not the memorable. I ran through an interesting world that I kept thinking would be even better if I shared that exploration and challenge with someone. Oh, and I still hate the inventory system… then I I remember there were a ton of mods that make some of this bearable. I also remember thinking ESO is Skyrim online, awesome… and then it wasn’t.