Beyond Good & Evil 2 officially announced

The first post of this thread says it was announced in May 2008. So I guess over 13 and a half years of pre-production so far. (Plus the time it was in pre-production before it was announced).

Yeah, I’ve given up on this one. Nothing from the re-reveal ever resembled Ancel’s original game but an epic sci-fi adventure could’ve been cool.

I found this through blues news.

New Lead Writer for this vaporware game.

Not much more to be said.

Per Jeff Cannata, it’s now been longer since this game was announced than Duke Nukem Forever went from announcement to launch.

that’s funny, I just listened to him say the exact same thing about an hour ago. Podcast pals!

I did remember seeing this a few weeks ago:

Holy fuck this thing is cursed.

I just realized, the first pictures and TRAILER was announced in 2008!?Thats 15 years ago!

Man, Ubisoft really needs to sort out its test environment controls:

https://twitter.com/bgegame/status/1729872094627090483

Also, how sad it is that there’s a BG&E2 account and its first post in three years is about a remaster of the original.

That’s actually a decent idea. Most people at this point have not played the original, so releasing a remaster seems smart. And if the remaster is a big success, it can build momentum for them internally to finally make a push on whatever the heck it is they’re doing on the sequel.

I’d love a remaster. I think I only got about halfway through the original on the XBOX. I love games with a photograph mechanic.

Same here, except I don’t think I got even halfway. And I also love the photograph mechanic in games.

They already did an HD update on 360/PC

And the 360 version still works on current hardware through backward compatability. Which obviously isn’t much help to people on Nintendo or Sony platforms, so probably for the best that they put out a new version. I’m hopeful this bodes well that the sequel is still being worked on, though I’m not holding my breath.

I don’t think the PC/Steam version is updated at all, is it? I looked at grabbing it a while ago and it appeared to be an unoptimized port of the original release with loads of complaints.

Not sure about Steam, might only be on the Ibisoft store.