BIG MOUSE poll

OK. Chet claims that the classic 1999 “BIG MOUSE” post can’t really be described as famous, even among the Qt3 crowd. Is he right? Answer above! Operators are standing by to take your vote!

If your vote is ‘no’, you may proceed directly from the voting booth to the BIG MOUSE exhibit in the Google Museum. (some profanity; parents strongly cautioned) :D

Lee:

That google archive is flawed! It leaves out the best part of the original post. After Sokwoo says “Fuck You!” to the entire newsgroup, he concludes his message by saying “Thank You”. That’s crucial to the overall message of the Prophet Sokwoo Lee.

Thank You,

Daniel Ban (aka Sharpe)

Google is true and right, do not listen to heathen forgery! There was NO “Thank you” at the end of the original scripture by the Great Usenet Prophet Sokwoo Lee. Apostates have invented this travesty to turn believers away from their path to enlightenment!

Looks like this quote wasn’t quite so well known. Only 50% so far have heard of it. I know I hadn’t. I think to be famous it would have to be known by practically everyone like the all your base thing.

– Xaroc

too bad the options are limited for voting. AFTER reading it, i still don’t give a damn about it.

Jebus, 14 no and 12 yes so far? You people call yourselves Internet Denizens? There were a few that said they never heard of Derek Smart in another thread! It seems a great tragedy is occuring under our noses -we are raising a generation that is only hip to cultural phenomena they see on TV. I demand that Usenet be taught in the schools!

Remedial homework for all you “no” voters:

Problem 1: Photoshop a picture in the AYBABTU tradition. See http://www.planettribes.com/allyourbase/index.shtml

Problem 2: What kinds of robots shove and push, respectively? Hint: view The Terrible Secret of Space: http://www.jonathonrobinson.com/3.0/web/webtsos.html
http://www.kilna.com/music/terrible_protected

Problem 3: On what Usenet group will you usually find Old Salt?

no, i don’t call myself an internet denizen.

1. i don’t give a rats ass about photoshopping stupid shit to say AYBABTU!!
  2. robots are stupid
  3. i don’t give a shit

all settled? :twisted:

maybe i’m a minority, but i have better things to do with my time than to troll newsgroups (yawn), MOST message boards/forums (qt3 the exception), download the latest “funny” .exe or shockwave stupid shit (see also: push/shove robots), or anything related to lowtax. which seems to be all of the above. :evil:

Google is true and right, do not listen to heathen forgery! There was NO “Thank you” at the end of the original scripture by the Great Usenet Prophet Sokwoo Lee. Apostates have invented this travesty to turn believers away from their path to enlightenment!

Aye Christoph. These words ringeth true! Only those who know the true path of Sokwoo are privy to such truths.

Tom Chick, you owe me DM 90…
http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&selm=tqn7jssiqb7u70j2tpj2rmkvpjfs9i9pug%404ax.com

Lee and I still paraphrase you when the other recommends a stinker. :)

–Dave

There are some events that are so great, one cannot help but remember what one was doing at the time.

Princess Diana’s death: I was playing Warbirds.

9/11: I was dreaming that my old Turkish apartment building was collapsing and we were trying to get out.

Big mouth post: I was laughing my guts out for what seemed like half an hour.

Your attention, please.

Today is the 10th anniversary of the famous post by Sokwoo Lee in the newsgroup comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic.

That is all.

Ten years. I wonder where Sokwoo is today, and who he’s screaming at now.

This tiny thread is #2 in google today, which makes me think that few people care. But those f_cking few people are BIG MOUSE.

Can’t say I really get this.

What’s there to get? One guy had an epic meltdown. It was funny. People with real old school usenet cred still talk about it and, in unrelated news, would like you to get off their lawn.

If you google “Sokwoo Lee” this thread comes up second.

Which shows what a limited effect he had.

Really, Jakub? So in your view we are still all fucking big mouse? I think his impact was larger than you think.

I wish the ReverendDoctorPoopyPants was here to chime in.

I never had sexual relations with that big mouse wags finger

Biggest letdown ever. If this is the funniest thing you can come up with in ten years of internet, we should just shut the whole thing down. The fact that mlatin edited his post seven years after originally making it is like twenty times as funny as the underlying subject.