Bill & Ted 3?

OMG I am so excited.

Y’know, I remember when Ed_Solomon often posted here, but I never put it together that he was the Bill & Ted Ed Solomon. Or was that another Ed Solomon?

Hope there aren’t too many jokes about them being old and having kids and then embarrassing their kids.

Woohoo. I’m really looking forward to this one. I think (I hope) it will be awesome. Although it is weird seeing such beloved characters looking so old. It gives me a kind of uncanny valley feeling like those early 3D animated movie characters.

I’m very surprised how much I liked this trailer. This should not work. Keanu is 56.

Straight to on demand. Hoping that becomes the norm. Punting the entire theatrical industry for a calendar year is goofy af.

I really want this film to …

be excellent to me.

I believe my body is ready for this. My expectations are super low, and watching it at home seems perfect.

Well, it’s a fairly modest movie. I think $25-ish million budget. Streaming isn’t as big of a risk. Where the studios are in trouble are those $200 million blockbusters like Tenet that can’t hope to make that much in streaming.

Some dollars strikes me as better than no dollars if investors are calling due, but then again, I’m not at the head of a multi-billion dollar cinematic enterprise.

edit to add: Also, given the timespan to produce even one America’s worth of doses of a COVID vaccine, when one is approved and ready to go, makes it feel like the economy is going to remain sluggish for a good long while, even if political will falters and lockdowns are canceled. I’ve no doubt there’s lots of people champing at the bit to get back to a theater to sit in an enclosed space with 200 strangers for 2 hours, but I have to imagine attendance figures are going to remain well short of expectations/the norm well into 2021, if not 2022.

Well sure. I’d wager the calculus at these studios ends with “What solution will not result in me getting fired?” Unfortunately for everyone involved with Tenet, Mulan, etc, streaming now and gaining only a quarter of the projected budget back is a good way to never work in Hollywood again.

The film is weightless and super-goofy — a blissed-out air balloon of nostalgia. It zips right along, it makes you smile and chortle, it’s a surprisingly sweet-spirited love story (about Bill and Ted trying to live up to their marriages — though the real love story is, of course, the one that takes place between the two of them), and it’s a better tribute to the one-world utopian power of classic rock than “Yesterday” was. On a scale of one to 10, I wouldn’t say that “Face the Music” goes to 11, but it’s a most excellent sequel.

So hyped! This is the sort of thing I need in my life right now.

Is this straight to digital, or theatre realease?

Both I believe. It’s on digital tomorrow though.

It is showing at a local drive in this weekend.

I hope that digital soon is world wide, can’t wait.

I picked it up on Amazon, it was only five bucks more to own it so that’s the route I took. Still cheaper than four seats at a theater would have been, by more than half (triple if you count treats and such, but we’re going to order pizza and make a night of it with snacks and such so that cost isn’t really saved). We’ll watch tomorrow night, can’t wait!

Hmmm, just checked Google Play and Amazon. Looks like it’s $20 to rent, $25 to buy.