Bingo: WoW's exp delayed to 07 (January)

Here’s a non-broken link to the blue stuff if the wow forums don’t do it for you:

http://blue.cardplace.com/newcache/us/38233956.htm

Blizzard has stated this is not the case. Non-expansion players will not be able to level beyond 60, and they won’t be able to access any of the new content.

I wonder if the content patch will allow us to start levelling towards 70?

Blizzard has stated this is not the case. Non-expansion players will not be able to level beyond 60, and they won’t be able to access any of the new content.

Lawl IMO.

I should qualify the “new content” bit with “high end.” AFAIK everyone can go check out the new Draenei/BE areas even without the expansion, though of course you won’t be able to create a new character with either race. But as far as the new dungeons and Outlands go, you’ve gotta pony up before you can play.

Damn, now I’m forced to play that all those silly holiday games instead!

What is this ‘Zelda’ game all the kids seem to be yammering about these days?

No, more like I discovered that WoW is in fact made by satan himself. Shame it took me about 1500 hours though.

I guess it makes sense. You want that level 70 carrot? FOURTY BUCKS.

Actually, I’ve heard that the new starter areas are instanced off, so you can’t enter them without the expansion, either.

Maybe they’ll patch in all the stuff that doesn’t need the expansion, which means we may be seeing the new Looking for Group interface too, which would be most excellent.

Lorini

This is true. In fact, there’s a guy in Western Plaguelands guarding the instance/gate to the Blood Elf zone named “ADON.” Har.

Does that also mean level 70 hike begins before expansion? Will all players get the opportunity to hit 70, or just those that fork over the cash in January?

Yep, I was wrong:

http://blue.cardplace.com/cache/wow-general/9295678.htm

Question: Will I be able to take a character from a different race to the new starting zones if I have the expansion?

I don’t see a reason why not.

Well, the reason would obviously be whether or not I can physically get there.

I forget, can Horde get to Darnassus? If they can, then I don’t see why you couldn’t get to the new starting areas.

A zone that restricted all but one race from entry would run counter to all existing WoW gameplay. The closest analog is Moonglade for Druids but even that is available to anyone who’s neutral with Timbermaw.

Yeah, you just hop the boat, and pop through the portal. Helps if you’re 60 though.