Bingo: WoW's exp delayed to 07 (January)

Sure, at least to the Blood Elf world since it’s actually connected to Western Plaguelands. I’ve seen some Alliance 60s around in beta.

(Edit: Eastern Plaguelands. Eastern Plaguelands. Bah.)

I’m not sure how you’d get to the Draenai world as Horde, though. I guess through brute force, hopping on a boat. (I haven’t actually left the Draenai new zones yet, so I’m not sure where you end up when you leave.)

Or who’s a Rogue, heh.

I guess I wasn’t clear enough. I want to be able to make a level 1 gnome and then play in the Draenei area.

I would guess you can do this. The hard part will be getting your level 1 gnome there.

Well thats cool they delayed the expansion I’d rather them take more time and get some things right then throw it out the door and patch it later like some companies do.

I’ve heard they get a boat just like night elves do, so I don’t know how this is a problem.

Not really hard at all. There will be a transport of some sort like the goblin zepplin from Undercity or the boats to/from Darnassus likely. Just get naked and start running, and with some patience (a lot of ghosting through the Wetlands) you will make it. It shouldn’t be any more difficult than getting a Night Elf to Stormwind.

There’s a portal to Undercity in the Blood Elf home city. I’m guessing there’s a similar thing in the Draenai one to take you to Darnassus or IronForge.

Let the ebaying of accounts begin!

I don’t get it? Was that supposed to be funny or insightful?

Did you not enjoy any of that? Did you keep playing when the fun stopped? Is this Blizzard’s fault?

And so on.

Really? More proof that blizzard favors the horde.

Where is the draenai home zone suppoed to be? Stormwind has a few ‘portals’ that are un-unsed. One is in the mage’s guild, and two are in the genral city area itself. I would think that stormwind might become the major hub post BC opposed to IF. Now it has an AH and it is closest to the dark portal.

Stormwind is certainly a lot nicer to walk around in all the time, given that it has blue skies and lacks that constant coal-miner’s coughing.

Not surprising at all considering the “beta” test just started this month. At least this gives me more time to build my new system and get NWN2 and the new Trek game out of my system before the expansion hits.

The Draenai home is an island southwest of Darnassus.

I poked around some more in Exodar, the home city. There doesn’t appear to be any portal of any kind, so all you can do is take a boat to Darkshore, I believe. Which sorta blows.

So how does a newly created Blood Elf character get from his starting area (and Silvermoon) to say…Undercity? Are there teleporters or pre-known flight paths? Because walking through EP certainly isn’t going to work out. :)

[edit:] grammar!

As I mentioned earlier, there’s a teleporter to Undercity. In fact, I got a quest at level 18 that required me to use it, and the follow-up quest told me to go to Sepulcher.

At that point, I’m pretty much done with the Blood Elf zone and am expected to go into the other areas.

ahhhhhh don’t remind me!!!

Nope. It’s just true.

Over a dozen of my former guildmates have decided to put their accounts up for sale over the last couple of weeks as expansion news has leaked. The “It’s not even coming out this year?” factor pushed a few over the edge. :)

I dont see why its a huge deal really I think in the end it might be better for blizzard to hold of while other AAA games come out this holiday season.