BIOS: Megafauna Forum Game. Who will eat who?

TURN 2 (see previous post for board state)

So Crater in Laurentia. Roll a 6

then Godwana shifst West, the collision endangering one of my creeples.

Now Climax at latitude 2 (nothing happens, nothing there) and 5, significantly raising oxigen levels.

Next:

1- A black disk moves from a continent into the Atmosphere, Medea Chooses which. It could be Syberia central or Laurentia 2.
2 - A white disk goes from the atmosphere into a downwind slot. It can be Syberia 5 if Medea didn’t take Syberia central on 1, otherwise the event is cancelled (the other downwind already has a white disk).
3 - Black disk from atmosphere into an offshore disk. Medea can use the GUN and move all blacks disk from atmosphere into offshores. If so, must give the Medea card to another player.
4 - Green disk from Oxygen into offshores (with a black disk). Medea can use the GUN and move all green disks from Oxygen into offshores (or as many as offshores with a black disk are there). If so, must give the Medea card to another player.

So @Jorn_Weines, you need to make several decisions. Note that if you trigger the gun on 3, the player you give Medea to will decide on 4.

Board for reference:

Missed that. Fixed!

The only mountain is on Siberia.

With Siberia’s mountain gone, the only valid spot is the center of Siberia for the white disk.

Offshores are already filled with carbon. Nothing to do here.

Yep. Green can also choose to move just one oxygen disk and retain Medea.

The icon means continental, not mountain…

No I’m wrong about number 1, but if Jorn chooses to remove Siberia’s mountain, the white disc could be placed on that spot.

I need to reread the rules on events and such before I make any decisions, will do so later today.

It’s any continental hex, not limited to mountains (icon is confusing, though)

Actually, since the new black disk can create another downwind space, my placement could not be the only one. Will upload a new image without it. Medea chooses.

Offshores are already filled with carbon. Nothing to do here.
[/quote]

Offshores are also the central spot, not only the upper and lower ones. There’s space left.

Yep

Good points all, except I believe that any black disk on a continental hex is, by definition, a mountain. Damn this game can be confusing :P

Yes, but when it’s reversed (reservoir to continent, if that ever happens in the game, then it could be any hex).

@Jorn_Weines, edited the post to reflect on some mistakes when I first posted. The sequence is now correct, I think.

If Medea liberates central Siberia, that hex is a valid degas location for the white disk. (Central hexas are always in the rain shadow.)

I am not 100% sure this is right, but let’s try:

1 - move a black disk moves from Syberia Central into the Atmosphere

2 - white disk goes from the atmosphere into Syberia central

3 - Black disk from atmosphere into offshore disk, let’s say the middle on Baltica

4 - Green disk from Oxygen into the one I placed a black disc on during #3

Edit; Doh, OFFSHORE discs. I’ve updated above.

Looks good to me. Once @Juan_Raigada updates, I think it’ll be @CraigM 's turn. I have to go last this time. Leave me something good in the mutation market.

We have now moved into cool climate.

This is the board as it stands:

Summary

Action: 3 animals and 2 plant
Organ limit: 5 animals and 8 plant

Turn order is
Orange
White
Green
Black

@CraigM, you are up!

Btw, tomorrow I will be a little slow to reply

Well here’s what I see, last turn very bad things happened, and I don’t fully understand why!

But it seems that Juan’s floating plant monsters did bad things that I didn’t realize were possible.

It seems I need to be bigger, stronger.

Problem is Juan can get bigger for free… can’t win a race if he goes that route. So I need to find a way to disperse. And I don’t quite understand that as well as I thought. Hmm.

The Intercostal Muscles look dreamy, so I’ll take them with Action 1

Action 2 is to get bigger I think.

Debating action 3

I think I am the plant monster.

Ah, right. You both get the free resize.

Still missing your third action…

He chose to hibernate…